Jenna
Jenna asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

What is one of your favorite generic brands of food that you think tastes better than name brand?

For me it is the clover valley mac and cheese (microwave kind) I hate mac and cheese but this stuff I can't get enough of. Is there any generic cereal you would rather have over name brand? any store brand of chips? Just would like to know how many good generic brands are out there.

Also I don't know if any of you have had it before or maybe it's just a ny thing but i think the weight watchers brand of diet soda is so much better than any other brand of soda

i would try the rite aide brand of Raisinettes but i live in hawaii and we dont have a rite aide but when we move off the island I will have to try them!

• Hex
    Favorite Answer

Rite Aid brand chocolate covered raisins. If you don't believe me try them, they are better than Raisinettes!

It's not exactly a food but rather a condiment...Wal-Mart brand mustand beats French's Mustard hands down.

I've discovered that asda own brand curry sauces are just as good as any of the 'brand ' name ones, as are most stores' own brand tinned veg and soups.

I don't eat a lot of processed foods so I don't have many to contribute. I could add, conversely, NO copycat version has ever come close to a real Fig Newton in my book.

Not that I eat them but....store brand marshmallows have the exact same ingredients and (apparently) taste the same as Jet Puff

ive never really had the real brand of foods soo everything except for the hot sauce