Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

how do i lose weight quickly?

that pretty much sums it up i want to lose it in a healthy way but i want it done quickly

31 Answers

Relevance
  • Kristi
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, healthy takes time.

2-3lbs per week is a healthy weight loss.

You didn't gain all this weight quickly, right? It took months or even years. To take the weight off quickly would put your body under stress that it doesn't need or want.

You need to burn 3500 calories in order to lose 1lb of fat. Do the math, figure out how many calories you can manage to cut out of your daily diet w/out driving yourself crazy (which leads many people to give up). Easy ways to do this are to cut out "empty calories" like sodas, alcohol, and sugary drinks. Lean meats + whole grains are great for you. Fresh veggies + fruits are too. Keep your sodium intake low so that you don't feel bloated. Nothing ruins my motivation more than feeling bloated.

That doesn't mean don't drink water - drink lots of water! Drink it throughout the day, not a large amount at one time.

Try going for a 30 minute jog or brisk walk 3 or 4 times per week. Your energy will sky-rocket.

As you become more comfortable with your routine, pump up the volume (sorry about being cheesy). Try running + weight training for 1 hour 3 or 4 times a week. Keep upping intensity so that you're challenging your body. Your body can't adjust if it's not being challenged.

You will notice results if you work for them.

• JimmyQ
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You have to come up with some type of a reward system, this will help keep you motivated. One of the best things to do is make a contingency contract. Stating what you want to do, who will help you do it, and what do you get for doing it.

Then also try to find a well balance diet program. My friend did this one diet program where the average weight lose is 7 pounds in 9 days. It might be the thing you are looking for, I know it's well balanced. If you want e-mail me and I can tell you more about either of these.

• 1 decade ago

Only eat lean proteins (fish, chicken, tuna, etc.) and vegetables.

For breakfast, maybe eggwhites with turkey and veggies, like peppers, onions, etc.

Salad for lunch, or healthy soup, and veggies with some kind of lean meat for dinner.

Guys lose weight faster because your build is biologically more muscled. Cut down on sugar, soft drinks, juices, etc.

Do the above with lots of water and at least 30 mins a day of some exercise and you will lose weight quickly and healthfully.

Source(s): Lots of diets and reading.
  • Lenora
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

at a restaurant split your meal and eat only half meal and take the rest home if the quality is more

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

reduce your plate size

• 4 years ago

take a break from blue moon belgian white a 164 calorie treat and grab a miller genuine draft which is only 64 cals

• 4 years ago

a handful of unsalted pumpkin seeds make for a healthy mid day snack theyre rich in magnesium which helps lower blood pressure

• 5 years ago

Consume low calorie food

• 4 years ago

eat breakfast there have been so many studies done that show that people who eat breakfast lose more weight

• 4 years ago

Eat five servings of fruits and veggies a day

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.