Is this the confederate flag flying at the White House?

Favorite Answer

This is not the Vatican Flag, the Vatican State flag is yellow and white. These are state flags of members of the Marine Corp. Band that plays for visiting dignitaries. Notice the blue flag of the state of Indiana and the flag that looks to be the Confederate flag is actually the flag of the State of Mississippi, notice the blue background behind Bush and the Pope. This is the top stripe on the Mississippi flag with the next stripes being white then red. In the upper corner of the flag is the Union Jack, in honor of the original flag of the Confederacy. This is symbolic of Mississippi, a Confederate state rejoining the United States, hence the Confederate flag surrounded by the Red, White, and Blue!

Originally, the 13 stars represented the 13 states of the Confederacy, but subsequently, the Mississippi state legislature changed the meaning of the 13 stars to represent the 13 original colonies.

As has been said before, I think it's the state flag of Mississippi. The flag next to it is the state flag of Indiana, and the two states were admitted to the U.S. one after the other.

I suspect if a slightly larger picture of this event was found, the flags of Louisiana (next to the IN flag) and Illinois (next to the suspected Confederate battle flag) would be visible.

well the flag of Mississippi has the stars & bars in its top left corner...if you'll notice its only the corner of a larger flag running all the way to the ground between the Pope and the President and its all blue there.

I can't see all of it, But i do recall that several southern States use that in their State flag. Just checked, it is a Papal flag. clearly the Confederates used in too.

It's the state flag of Mississippi.

I don't know, weird. It couldn't be the confederate flag though.

Flag of the Vatican. That other guy was right.

Part of the papal flag maybe

It,s the Stars and Bars alright... makes me feel all choked up inside..