My daughter Was charged with DWI, fleeing from an officer and minor child endangerment. what will happen at ct

What will happen at the hearing? Will she be charged with a felony for child endangerment? will she lose the kids ? This is her first offense.

Favorite Answer

You don't say what state, but in most states the first DWI is a misdemeanor. Fleeing an officer with aggravating factors (DWI and child endangerment) probably a low felony. Child endangerment (with alcohol involved) probably another felony.

Your daughter is going to have some problems, but I don't think she will serve prison time or lose her children.

The DWI will cause her license to be suspended, longer with the fleeing charge. Long term probation with parenting and substance abuse classes (she will have to pay for the classes).

I do hope she learned her lesson, she will need to abide by all of the terms of her probation to stay out of prison!

• ?

DWI by itself is serious enough - DWI with a child in the vehicle is way serious - DWI with a child in the auto and evading basically eliminates the first offender issue. Between criminal court and family court I would suggest that your daughter hires a REAL good attorney.

Either that or hope your daughter faces a real liberal San Francisco judge.

Source(s): Retired NYPD Highway Patrol
  • John H

Hopefully, she will lose the kids and spend time in jail. This is one of those "first offenses" that should never happen.

SHE SHOULD AND WILL GO TO JAIL FOR BEING A DUMB *** DRUNK WITH KIDS IN THE CAR. YES SHE WILL LOSE THEM FIRST OFFENSE OR NOT !!!!