Ideas for Earth Day?

I live in Sacramento, California and I would love some ideas for ways to celebrate mother nature. I am really passionate about protecting the environment so something like planting trees would be fun! I would love some comunity project or something. Thanks in advance!!!

Favorite Answer

Earth Day is one of two different observances, both held annually during spring in the northern hemisphere, and autumn in the southern hemisphere. These are intended to inspire awareness of and appreciation for the Earth's environment. The United Nations celebrates an Earth Day each year on the March equinox, a tradition which was founded by peace activist John McConnell in 1969. A second Earth Day, which was founded by U.S. politician Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in in the late 1960s, is celebrated in many countries each year on April 22.

To get your ideas please visit the source link.

I printed off 500 fliers on recycled paper that say why you should conserve, have quotes such as "The earth does not belong to us, we belong to earth" and what YOU can do.

I am also wearing a shirt that has an ice cream cone, the ice cream is Earth, it is melting.

You could pick up trash in your community.

Make it more aware

Lobby for more recycling bins.

just ideas..