Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 decade ago

Which is a better airline company...Southwest or Delta?

My tickets would be about the same, but I dont know which compant to choose????

Any personal expierences? Any advice would be great!

• la man
    Favorite Answer

Southwest has had some serious safety issues this year, so I would go with Delta. I like Southwest and I've flown with them more than Delta, but if you care about your safety I would think twice about Southwest. At least until they get their act together.

Delta. Recently (within the past few months) on Yahoo news, it said how Southwest has been cutting corners when it comes to the safety of their flights. I'm not sure if they fixed the problem, or not, but I think it'd be better to be safe and stick with Delta. I've been on both numerous times, and I've never had a problem with Delta.

• liv

Delta is the airline that I many times fly and that i fly a minimum of 12 circumstances or greater in a year. risk-free practices does not seem an argument with Delta. If, they are doubtful they gained't go away until each and everything is cleared-upkeep or mechanical matters. Their service is notably stable yet, like a number of airways they do no longer seem to be suitable. besides the incontrovertible fact that, they combat to make issues authentic if, you renowned the challenge.

I heard that Delta has put in new TV's in most of their planes.

Personally, I would choose Southwest. Their customer service is great, AND, if there is ever a problem, they are more then welcome to compensate, and it's a generous compensation. They seem to take care of you very well. They are really good at their timliness, I have never had a flight delayed, nor have any friends that fly Southwest.

I have also never heard of any complaints with Delta.

Source(s): I fly about once a month.
  • Momof2

Delta is HORRIBLE!!! They have lost some of my luggage and not once but twice have destroyed it as well! Both times it looks like my luggage had been shredded through the propeller or something. The seat space is super cramped too. I'd fly Southwest before flying Delta anyday!

I have travelled on Delta before but not Southwest. Delta was good and did ease my trip a little bit more

Delta

Southwest. You want to get where you are going with the smallest possible chance of "surprises" along the way. SW really has their operation down pat. Compared to them, other airlines are haphazard. I fly a lot for business and always book on SW when I can. The old "major" airlines are horrible compared to SW.

HTH

I always ride with Delta. They are great and the seats are really comfortable. The flight attendants are always nice there too. So I would say choose Delta.

about the same in there, I have flown southwest the most. Travel is sort of a pain these days on all airlines. So I Have one rule"stay out of Denver Airport' I just study the routes People complain about the service on the airlines, But their prices are so reasonable I'll take the punishment.