Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 decade ago

Embarrassing question i get sweaty feet i think i get through too many socks coz have to chuck them out?

what is agood way to stop them sweating in trainers?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Wear white, cotton socks. That will allow your feet to breath better. Helpful hint: a lot of people say you should spray Febreeze into your shoes. DON'T!! It only worsens the problem. Also, watch out if you use a lotion or moisturizer on your feet, because that can also cause the excess sweat. Some brands of shoe now have an airpump in the heel to circulate air through your shoes with each footstep. That might also help. Just definitely avoid dark colored socks and make sure your socks are cotton.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Wash your feet every day, change socks daily too. You can buy insoles for trainers that help soak up the sweat and also odour eaters. Use a powder on your feet to help keep them dry, and also have more than one pair of trainers so after sport etc you can change them, giving them time to dry out.

• 1 decade ago

I saw an Oprah episode once with Dr. Oz and he advised to boil a couple of teabags enough to fill a shallow pan to submerge the soles of your feet. the acidity in the tea will restrict your sweat glands from well sweating too much. I'm not sure how often you have to do it.

reminder: don't drink the tea afterwards. =)

• 1 decade ago

have you tried putting anti-persperent on them? That may help, also some corn starch powder in your shoes.

try changing your socks often, keep some clean ones with you, put the sweaty ones in a zip lock baggie. Wash them in your bleach load of clothes (if they are white) and that should clean them just fine.

sweaty feet are miserable and embarrassing - I know cause I have it too --- but - mine has improved with age!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

White socks/foot powder will help. Change socks when needed. White socks should be thrown out when are worned out (thin and lost elasticity).

• 1 decade ago

You might want to try this first:

http://sweatblock.com/

if you look on their faq it says you can use it on your hands but they cannot guarantee it although it has worked for some customers of theirs.

there is also a product called Drionic, plus there is a guide by someone online who converted the machine to AC power so you don't have to pay for extras in the future (if you can follow the guide).

http://drionic.com/

http://www.geocities.com/drionicmods/nobatteries.h...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.