Is eating ice cream safe during pregnancy?

I am 11 weeks pregnant, just had my first ultra sound and

baby's heartbeat is perfectly normal (thanks GOD). I have been craving for ice cream and my friends including my husband is stopping me because they said it is not safe. Is it true? Is eating ice cream

during pregnancy unsafe? Please enlighten me.

I love to eat Baskin Robbins Ice cream only :)

Favorite Answer

It is the first time I have heard that ice cream may be unsafe during the pregnancy. I have had two pregnancies but I never faced any problem by eating ice cream

Ask your husband, and others who say so, the reasons for it being unsafe.

You can also look into the wrapper for the ingredients and ask your doctor if any of it would be unsafe.!!!!!

icecream from the machines are not safe cuz of listeria. I know some people gotten away lucky without sick from the machines. it just depend on the business how well they clean it. some do sanitize it everyday and some dont. So icecream from tub at the stores are safer and better to check the indregients on the icecream tubs, reach for the fewest indregients: milk, cream, sugar. these are natural and better for the baby than the crap brands with 500 artifical indredients in their icecream that doesnt even melt. steer clear of that and use common sense. Also sugar is bad so only have sweets seldom throughout the 1st trimester, then in 2nd trimester can have it sometimes cuz the baby is finished developing and is just getting bigger and gaining fat, so eating wrong food wont mess up its development much in the 2nd trimester than the 1st trimester :)

I know where you got the McDonnalds idea and it's false girl. You can eat ice cream. They say that because of someone who once said that the ice cream from there was made with unpasterized eggs which can be harmful to the fetus. It is completely false. I also think I am going to drive my pregnant self right down to McDannalds and get an ice cream now because you made me crave it! :o)

When they say that ice cream is not good during pregnancy they are referring to the soft serve ice cream, like from McDonalds and the ice cream truck. Buy it from the super market and everything will be fine. I think the soft serve ice cream has a higher chance of containing Listeria(?? i think thats what its called)

best wishes

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

during pregnancy unsafe? Please...

Source(s): eating ice cream safe pregnancy: https://biturl.im/1be7E

I have heard a thing about the whippy icecream from icecream vans are a bit dodgy because of the bacteria that could be in the machines. Maybe McFlurries aswell for the same reason.

I didnt have that type of icecream during pregnancy just incase but the normal stuff from the freezer should be fine!!

Might be completely wrong and I cant remember where I heard it from!!

No way! Where did he get that warped idea to?? Icecream is a common craving during pregnancy. Your body craves what you're lacking. You're obviously lacking calcium. Some people go through a bucket of tom and jerry's a day during their pregnancy.

Icecream + Pregnancy = Natural (although not good for weight gain!)

• Jasper

Of course it's safe, I practically lived on fried ice cream when I was pregnant with my last baby and she turned out fine.

Source(s): mother of 4 and midwife

ask your doctor to be sure but the truth is is pregnant woman eat whatever they want when they are pregnant personally I have never heard this before about ice cream not being safe to eat when women are pregnant

It's definitely safe, if it wasn't my wife would go mad probably. lol, She doesn't eat it a lot, but when she wants a certain kind of food, she wants it. Plain and simple, but she's overly safe about her pregnancy and she eats it. You are fine. Easy on the weight gain though, not because of looks or anything, but because if you go too far you have a greater risk of developing gestational diabetes. Not good.