Do you think its right for minors to practice firing guns? Do you think its safe to shoot a pellet gun first?

Just wondering because I am 14 and my parents agreed to let me learn how to use fire arms. I am using a pellet gun first to get used to it, today was my first time. Next after they are sure I can handle it I am going to practice with my dad's gun (its a .40 glock) , and after that my mom or dad might buy an m44... show more Just wondering because I am 14 and my parents agreed to let me learn how to use fire arms. I am using a pellet gun first to get used to it, today was my first time. Next after they are sure I can handle it I am going to practice with my dad's gun (its a .40 glock) , and after that my mom or dad might buy an m44 rifle from a surplus sports store, it will in a sense be mine because no one else will be practicing with it, then I will apply for a permit when I'm 18 or whatever the legal gun age is. Do you think its right for minors to practice using fire arms, or just to use them in general? Do you think its better to start off with pellet guns?
Update: My dads a retired cop, and I'm no moron, he hides his gun, and only allows me to touch anything like a pellet or real gun when hes watching me, I'm not going ot go around shooting up the neighborhood or anything. My parents won't even let me load the pellet gun, my dad does it for me.
Update 2: Yes my father's gun has a safety, and even when its not loaded I'm still not a fan of touching it. Heh, I should be more worried about my dad, sometimes he jokes around and he points the pellet and real thing at us even when its not loaded, which makes me uncomfortable. Another thing, whenever he loads it I... show more Yes my father's gun has a safety, and even when its not loaded I'm still not a fan of touching it. Heh, I should be more worried about my dad, sometimes he jokes around and he points the pellet and real thing at us even when its not loaded, which makes me uncomfortable. Another thing, whenever he loads it I always stand on the opposite side in case he accidentally pulls the trigger, and I never point it in any direction near someone, and I stand a few feet away from anyone when shooting.