A girl that has known me since I was 6 years old told me that I missed the boat when it comes to dating. Why?

She said because we are almost 30 and all the failures I've had in my life that I've missed the boat when it comes to finding someone to marry and form a relationship with. This girl is now a therapist and has known me most of my life. She knows almost everything that has happened to me like the fact that my last family member died a few years back. She said that I spent so much time alone without anyone now it's too late. I won't be able to develop that intellectual capacity to date. She told me that because I can't develop this ability most people have, that I should just accept the fact I will live alone for the rest of my life. Much like those in my family that died alone. Like my Mother or Grandfather.

What does she mean by this? Is she just being an asshole to me? I've had a lot of girls tell me that they can't stand my personality and wish not to be around me. I don't understand why you'd tell another person to look forward to dying alone.

Best Answer

She may be a therapist - but she obviously is totally callous with her comments. I am not suggesting for one minute what she's said about is correct but if it were that is not the way to go about it. I think you should ignore her and decide for yourself what changes you have to make to get what you want out of life. Good luck buddy.

Wow, yes she's being an asshole, don't listen to her. Who cares if she's a therapist-it doesn't necessarily make her smarter than you about your own life. Get away from this person.