DSL TO Dial up?

Why does My PC keep telling me im off line and need to connect to a dial up service"isp" when i have never had a dial up and have had the same DSL for 2 yrs its been doing this for about 2 weeks at least 5 or 6 times an hour ?????

Best Answer

You might have a bug. Download a spyware program and run it. Ad Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy are free. PC Pitstop sells Desktop Maestro for around $40. That'll clean up your computer very well.

Call your DSL Company, they should be able to tell you how to stop it. Also go into the control panel and remove any dial up names you see. Sometimes that's not too easy to do, its like they never want to leave you. I had a scurity sight that kept doing it to me, every hour or so it would pop up and aggravate the crap out of me. I had to contact HP and they helped me download a tool to remove it. PAIN in the b***!!!!!

Source(s): Personal experience!!!!!!!!!!

someone might have changed your "internet connection settings" under control panel. Make sure that you delete whatever dial up setting that may be listed.