If you have pulmonary hypertension secondary to sleep apnea, how long since you were diagnosed?

I have a co worker who is the same age with the same diagnosis. We were diagnosed in the same year, so we assume we have had the disease for about the same amount of time. We both have the C-Pap. He is not on oxygen during the day. I am on oxygen therapy 24/7. He has been a smoker. He had pneumonia last year ,... show more I have a co worker who is the same age with the same diagnosis. We were diagnosed in the same year, so we assume we have had the disease for about the same amount of time. We both have the C-Pap. He is not on oxygen during the day. I am on oxygen therapy 24/7.

He has been a smoker. He had pneumonia last year , and it seems his disease has begun progressing much more rapidly than mine. He has been hospitalized, and needed a respirator twice in the last six months.

Is this a usual sequence for this condition?