Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

the beatles is the best thing that happened to music?

who agrees?

OMG i love pink floyd too! also elvis! im 15 and most people my age dont know what im talking about. i got this love of music from my dad. we listen to AC/DC together lol! ^o^

Favorite Answer

The best thing that happened to music was polyphonic sound. ;)

The Beatles are definitely up there. DEFINITELY. They did some great things for the sitar and sound mixing and the idea of an image and concept albums. When I think about the best things to happen to music, though, I like to include different styles of music like Jazz and Classical. Ray Charles was great! I grew up with a lot of Supremes and Bing Crosby. And Elvis, forget about it, he totally rebelled against societal standards and changed the face of the industry. (Don't get ahead of yourself, I'm only 22 years old.) There are just a lot of greats in musical history.

Sidenote: Madonna isn't actually from the UK, she's America and just married a Brit and adopted some kind of strange accent. I don't know, fame makes people cuckoo. And Elvis couldn't have been inspired by the Beatles because he was making music before them.

You people don't know true music ok. you may think pink floyd and elvis were the best things but who do you think inspired those groups and captured everymind in america THE BEATLES ARE THE BEST. but the bad thing is that most teenagers my age(14) don't like the beatles (ridiculous) and nobody appreciates them for the legends they really are

Source(s): my soul
  • K Yo

It's Pink Floyd that was the best thing. I guess generally most really "famous" musicians are out of UK. Pink Floyd, Beatles, Madonna ect.

Not me. Elvis was the best thing to happen to music. Always was, always will be.

I don't know if it's the BEST, but definitely Top 3.