my eyelids swollen?

my right eyelid is swollen along the lashline. i havent had contacts recently or anything i just woke up with it. wt can i do to make it go down?

i don't know who my doctor is either and my opticians is never open on a sunday.

Best Answer

Its probably a stye. It will go on its own.

Is there a little bump on the outside? This may be a sty, and putting warm compresses on your eye (with the eye closed of course) can help it go down. If your eye is red and irritated, go see a doctor, it could be pink eye... otherwise, if it's just puffy, it could be allergies... Wait a couple hours after waking up. You can also run a metal spoon under cold water and place the back on the area... this works like a cucumber to reduce swelling that many people get as they wake up in the morning. One other option is gels like "baggage handler"... Good luck!

It does sound like a sty (like the previous answer). I would recommend you rub a gold ring along it (gold helps kill the bacteria in a sty somehow) and go to a pharmacist or chemist and ask them for some solution. We have a number of things in Australia for it such as a cream that contains gold in some form, but salty water will also help or just rub pure gold jewellry on it.

I hope it goes away soon for you xxxx

Source(s): I've had one before myself and they suck....

Try to put a cold rag over your eye to take down the swollen area and then put a warm rag over it to drain out any infection that might be in there and then use cold agian. do each for about 20 minutes and if that does not work go to the doc and get it looked at. oh and make sure you through away the rag you use or bleach it when your done.

• Aurora

Sounds like you could have a stye, see this link. If you think it is pop down to your local pharmacist who will be able to advise you.

It's nothing to worry about but may need some treatment'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stye

use baby oil on a cotton ball. It will wipe away any dirt or makeup you ma have on your eye lid without the chemicals of make up remover and will to a small extent sooth the eye.

Take a small towel and wet it with very warm water. Hold it to your eye for a little while. When the towel starts getting cold wet it again with warm water.

Like everyone else said, probably a stye. Put a cold teabag on it for a while.

it could of happened if you wore eyeshadow and it was a really cheap make that your eyelids have reacted to it i suggest you go and put infectant for your skin type and it should go away for 5-6 days :)

• Ollie

Hi,it might be a stye.If it is they usually go in a few days.If it stays you will need ointment to get rid of it.Good Luck