Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. help pls?

Does anyone (who played S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) know any good strategy at killing zombies, those hapless victims of the brain scorcher in lake yantar? i keep shooting those freaks but they keep coming loads of 'em...what's the best way to kill them without wasting too much ammo?

shooting 'em in the head seems like a good idea :D..but the zombies in S.A.L.K.E.R. shoot back with their weapons, these zombies are still alive (not quite so dumb like their undead counterparts) people that ventured too near the brain scorcher and got their brains fried.

Favorite Answer

Well if I remember correctly, zombies are just like humans, except undead haha. But yeah, just a nice single shot to the head should do the trick. (Meaning they'll die if you get a head shot).

Edit in response to your edit:

Shooting them in the head does indeed kill them. I've even confirmed it by playing the game myself. But if you don't believe me, why not try for yourself?

"You never know till you try"

Oh also a side note. The zombies that we see in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., can shoot guns and stuff right? Well as i've read, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was unfinished or something like that, and there was some stuff removed from the game. There's this mod i've downloaded and it seems, it "restores" some removed things from the game (Only being one of the many things this AWSOME mod does). And in this case there's another kind of zombie, 2 in fact. Now i'm not sure if this is a self made NPC / monster / enemy, but it seems to fit with the game. This zombie only physically attacks, and it really does act like a zombie, i.e. if you shoot it, it falls, then comes back up and limps towards you still, etc. And head shots don't affect this type of zombie. And the other is the ghost version, which I haven't encountered yet.

Well good luck :), and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is very fun, I still can't get enough after beating it, then installing this awsome mod xD (mentioned above). AND, i'm really looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky. Well I really sidetracked from my answer huh? Haha, oh well. By the way, if your interested in the mod, it's called Oblivion Lost.