Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 decade ago

Gas prices?

I drive a 2000 Cadillac STS and it costs $60 to fill her up. How in the heck are you supposed to do anything besides go to and from work with gas being this high? Will the prices ever go down instead of up?

Favorite Answer

As of now there is no slow down in sight. According to an article that came out on the 19th it shouldn't go above $4 but they can't predict if it'll go down.

For now I'd suggest you use a gas watching website to ensure you're getting the cheapest gas and the most for your buck. It will find the cheapest gas for you by zipcode. I recommend GasBuddy.com it also tracks all news articles to keep you up to date on what the market predics.

Hope this helps!

The first thing I would suggest is instead of filling up the tank, just put what you need in the tank for a week until you get your next paycheck. Also, if you have public transportation near you, it'll be much cheaper to purchase the monthly ride rate than to continue paying these gas prices. I live in NJ and public transportation is available here, however in some instances, you need to walk at least a mile to get to the nearest bus stop. I'm seriously thinking about doing this and getting rid of my car totally. I'm tired of these gas prices and it's all corrupt. Bush owns stock in Exxon, he's greedy and that about sums it up! I predict prices to drop slightly around election time. The only way these prices will go down is IF the federal government cuts the gas tax and makes up for that money by withdrawing ALL of our troops from around the world.

Source(s): It's common sense, but the politicians are all corrupt and don't think like normal human beings. They'll all pay in the after-life though.

you could buy a hybrid car. Gas is being controlled by money hungry people, the globe isn't running out of gasoline, they largest refinery (in alaska) was just found (look online) the media is just not talking about it, because they are controlled by the government and they want you to pay more for your gas. you could walk/ride a bike to work. I know it sounds dumb but anything to cut down on the amount you drive would probably help. Take public transportation.

I dont know if the prices will ever go down but here is a solution to many peoples problem- the fuel eco system. I recently installed one on my car & am now saving like 15-20%. Not only does the eco-system save on gas but also cuts back on harmful exhaust emissions & gives a better performance. If interested & for more information please contact is.fuelecosystem@gmail.com. Check it out on the web at www.fuelecosystem.com

Id suggest Getting a 4 cyl car, they have smaller tanks, and you can run forever on a tank of gas and only cost around 30-45 bucks to fill it up.

There is nothing you can do i drive a 2003 ford excursion it takes 80 to 100 dollars to fill the tank you could drive less or find someone with a smller car and ride with them

I take a bus. Diesel here in Malaysia is subsidised...

Source(s): ...plus with the traffic jams around, you'll hate driving...

You should sell the car as "NEW, BARELY USED". Sixty dollars is BEYOND.

sorry...get ready for 4,50 / a gallon