Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 1 decade ago

Which cor less drill is in the market?

makita,dewalt black and deker

Favorite Answer

What you like is a matter of personal preference. Some people swear by DeWalt, but I use cordless drills all the time and wouldn't take a DeWalt if you gave it to me. Well, if you gave it to me, I'd use it until i burned it up. Makita makes a great drill at the lower end of the professional scale. A step up would be a Bosch or Porter-Cable. Milwaukee is next up the ladder. The only cordless I would ever buy is a 15.6 Panasonic. It's lightweight, powerful, and VERY well built. The batteries last through more charging cycles than any other NiCd or NiMH battery. This is important, since the cost of replacing 2 batteries is almost as expensive as buying a new drill kit. Hope this helps.

Source(s): Carpenter for 15 years.

I had a Makita for twenty years and had to replace one battery 14.5 volts. My Dewalt is a 12 volt, a good drill but, I don't like the chuck, it loosens, at the most inopportune times. The batteries are a year old and are on the charger constantly, they don't hold charges long.

My son-in-law, a Master Electrician has all of them and, a Bosch, very, very nice but, as expensive as a shiny new nickle.

It all depends what you want, the jobs you do, how much you use them.

I have a wood-working shop in my basement, I do model homes and bird-houses. Although I use them all the time, I'm not pressed. I can get by on a "almost good" without paying the high price.

I've had a Dewalt for 9 yrs. Works as well as the more expensive ones. Mine is a 14 volt and handles all my projects well, I also have two extra batteries so I always have a fully charged back up, as it does take a while to recharge fully.

I have a Ridgid and a Craftsman both work well, the Craftsman has been totally immersed in water and still works fine after being dried out with an air compressor, guess i shouldn't have paid the extra ten bucks for the 2 year replacement warranty. For the money go with the Craftsman, the replacement batteries are about 30 bucks each versus about 70 for other brands.

I own 3 Dewalts and they are O.K. for most applications. My son-inlaw bought a new Craftsman and I am impressed. It is a real tight unit and his has a light that really makes a differance when working in a dimmly lit space.

I've owned a Dewalt, Black and Decker Fire Storm, and a Ryobi all are dead and buried except the Dewalt, they are exceptional drills.

Makita is the best of the three you posted.

Bosch, Panasonic, Fess, Milwaukee - better, but more expensive.

Pay For It

DeWalt

No questions asked.

Can't go woring with a DeWalt. I have a 12v.. . . . .

are asking whats best I'd recommend BOSCH they seem to be better product than those listed..