Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Why do so many Americans fall for Nigerian scams?

stupidness? Seriously, you have to be pretty stupid to fall for scams like those. What's with people in America???

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

am not american ,so i guess i can't answer u for this question!

• Janet
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I haven't heard of a rash of people falling for Nigerian scams, do you have a source for this or at least an article pointing out the trend?

• When people need money they get desperate and the more and more they need the more desperate they become and the more their willing to trust and believe scams, its really sad but not totally a reflection of intelligence. It's like if youre really hungry and theres a chunk of cheese in the middle of a bear trap, conventional wisdom would be to move along and find some other food but a good number of starving people would try to go for it...

• 1 decade ago

Lack of education in geography. They think Nigeria is a part of Disneyland, or maybe a Vegas hotel.

These scams get plenty of people world wide, esp in the UK>

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

True many Americans are honest and do not see foreign scams for what they are.

• 1 decade ago

Nigerians are the scamiest. i know i personally have won the UK lottery 7 times. I can't wait to get my check!(s)

• 1 decade ago

GREED

they see that you won a Million EURO and htey think I can quit this horrible job that I get paid for peanuts .That all it is AMERICANS are corrupted on GREED and getting RICH and FAT.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I certainly don't fall for them. Perhaps we have more trusting souls.

Source(s): Thanks for calling us stupid!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because we r spioled and stupid.I mean I dont even know what Nigerian is.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

whats your problem with us Americans?

haters are so ugly!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.