Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Why do so many Americans fall for Nigerian scams?

stupidness? Seriously, you have to be pretty stupid to fall for scams like those. What's with people in America???

Best Answer

am not american ,so i guess i can't answer u for this question!

• Janet

I haven't heard of a rash of people falling for Nigerian scams, do you have a source for this or at least an article pointing out the trend?

• When people need money they get desperate and the more and more they need the more desperate they become and the more their willing to trust and believe scams, its really sad but not totally a reflection of intelligence. It's like if youre really hungry and theres a chunk of cheese in the middle of a bear trap, conventional wisdom would be to move along and find some other food but a good number of starving people would try to go for it...

Lack of education in geography. They think Nigeria is a part of Disneyland, or maybe a Vegas hotel.

These scams get plenty of people world wide, esp in the UK>

True many Americans are honest and do not see foreign scams for what they are.

Nigerians are the scamiest. i know i personally have won the UK lottery 7 times. I can't wait to get my check!(s)

GREED

they see that you won a Million EURO and htey think I can quit this horrible job that I get paid for peanuts .That all it is AMERICANS are corrupted on GREED and getting RICH and FAT.

I certainly don't fall for them. Perhaps we have more trusting souls.

Source(s): Thanks for calling us stupid!

Because we r spioled and stupid.I mean I dont even know what Nigerian is.

whats your problem with us Americans?

haters are so ugly!!