How many people have switched or plan to switch their bottles & sippy cups after the BPA scare?

Favorite Answer

This BPA "scare" has been around for quite awhile now. BPA is in many products, not just baby bottles. Studies have been done showing trace amounts of BPA in about 90% of the adult population.

Don't heat you bottles in the microwave, don't wash in dishwasher. If the bottles/cups start looking cloudy/scratched up, then replace.

That said, I didn't replace my bottles or sippy cups. For my next child, I will try to get BPA free bottles

I switched to Born Free bottles. MAM also makes popular BPA free bottles, however, they seem to be sold out on a lot of websites.

I know there is nothing concrete out there yet, but I would rather be safe than sorry - especially when it comes to infants.

Source(s): Mommy to a beautiful baby girl.

I am going to switch my 10 month olddaughter's sippy cup but I might keep a cup just in case it take her a while to get used to teh BPA free cups. She really loves her NUK sippy cup. Any ideas on what new cup to buy??

• I did. I switched from Avent to Playtex Drop In's which are BPA free and cheaper then Avent. I wouldn't use glass bottles. They could be dangerous if a shard of glass gets loose in the bottle.

• Erika

I hope people realize that this BPA scare was tested on bottles that was heated around 700 degrees and only released trace amounts. There's no way a user at home will heat a bottle that high.

I just flat out like the classic glass Even-flo bottles better. They wash better, they are easier to hold, and they feed better. With the plastic ones our daughter could never get the last ounce without getting gulps of air, with ALL the brands we tried so we were constantly wasting very expensive formula. We'd have to pour an extra ounce that we know we'd throw out. With the glass ones, she gets every last drop with no problem.

BPA free is a bonus. If I weren't using glass I'd be concerned; I love that its a non-issue.

Source(s): Mom to 7 week old Carrie
  • juno

never even heard of the BPA scare.

I switched! Glass bottles and stainless steel cups in our house. It is better to be safe than to be sorry!

i switched my lil one to glass bottles a week ago.