Know of any help for paying utility and rent?

My husband has been out of work for 2 months and because of his seizures he's scared to go back to work. They have been getting worse and being a stubborn man he won't go to the doctor (which we don't have transportation to get across the river) He used to go to charity hospital, but since katrina... show more My husband has been out of work for 2 months and because of his seizures he's scared to go back to work. They have been getting worse and being a stubborn man he won't go to the doctor (which we don't have transportation to get across the river) He used to go to charity hospital, but since katrina hasn't gone anywhere. I NEED HELP, I'M DROWNING!
Update: I'm sure that anyone have GRAND MAUL SEIZURES will understand about my husband being scared. If he's at work and has a seizure?????? Plus his doctor (specialist) was at Charity and we have no idea where to go now since Katrina.