Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

Bare Minerals...is it all its cracked up to be???

Is Bare Minerals as good as people say it is?? Or it Everyday Minerals or Sheer Cover better? Or it their a better make-up out there?

Favorite Answer

I have used bare minerals and I loved it, but on vacation my luggage got lost, so I went to the nearest drugstore and got some make up called Bare Naturale by L'oreal it's the same idea only cheaper. I liked it more than Bare Minerals, and have used it ever since.

I Was Thinking This To But Then I Got The Facts.

Using Bare Mineral Make-Ups Prevent Pimples :)

Also They Wont Clog Pours Like Some Brands "Claim" They Dont Do.

They Also Repair Your Skin Condition.

They Are A Natural Beautie!

I Suggest You Invest In A Perfect Colour That Complements Your Tone And Dont Bother With Any Other Brands Just Pay That One Dollar More And Get The Good Stuff.

I Did And I Dont Think I Will EVER Go Back LOL :)

Hope This Was Of Some Help :)

I truly believe that Bare Minerals is a good mineral makeup. I wear Bare Minerals everyday, and before I used to have a lot of bad acne on my skin and ever since I switched to Bare Minerals, my skin has never looked better. My skin looks much healthier than it did before I started Using Bare Minerals. I have never used everyday minerals or Sheer Cover, but I have heard some people complain that Sheer Cover makes skin oily and irritated.

I started using the Bare Minerals several years ago. I don't wear makeup everyday, cause I can't stand the feel of it. But the BM is good. To save money this year, I bought one of the off brands, but it isn't as good. I still have the BM, and use it when it's important to look good, but not so much just to run to the store or Doc's office.

If you have dry skin, use a moisturizer underneath it.

I have acne scars, and did not like the look of them, so I got a souffle type base to put under it, and love the way it looks. The mineral Veil is the finishing touch. It's a brightener, which distracts from the flaws and makes you look younger. I get a lot of compliments when I use it, which is something I never had before....well, not in a long time, anyway. I am a pink and lavender/blue person, and did not care for the blush, so I got a cream blush in the right shade.

Source(s): BTDT!

I absolutely love it! My skin is oily, and I tend to break out a little bit here and there, but it covered EVERYTHING. It also helped the redness in my cheeks go away, so now I can wear blush. A little expensive, but wonderful.

Bare Minerals is foundation, not a concealer. It is supposed to be sheer.

It's great, but I plan on using Every Day Minerals when I run out of Bare Minerals-Which will probably take forever.

I started using Bare Minerals a couple months ago. I found that although it does work for a majority of skin types, sometimes it's not the best for everyone. For instance, I absolutely love it, but try putting it on my friend- She doesn't like it at all! For me, skin care is all about finding products that compliment your skin instead of making it look more bronze, rosy, pale, ect. The product that compliments my skin most happens to be Bare Minerals. :] I've gotten a lot of "Wow, you have a great complexion!" and "I love your skin! Are you wearing any makeup?" since I started using the product, and although it's a bit expensive, it's definitely worth it for me.

I would just say to go and experiment with products. Also- the testers at Sephora and other make up stores have been used by QUITE a lot of people. I wouldn't go near those things. And although trained professionals put the makeup on your skin, only YOU know your skin best. And of course, make sure you are keeping your skin moisturized, clean, and healthy before putting any makeup on- it changes the way the makeup sets into your skin (and you don't want it to set in bad!)

Bare Minerals is AMAZING!!

My sister uses the cover girl minerals and my mom uses sheer, and neither can even compete with bare minerals.

The brushes alone are great! They're very soft and fluffy. You can conceal everything, and your face will be glowing. Go for Bare Minerals... seriously!! Another plus... it's not tested on animals! It will not dry out your skin like other products! It's awesome.

BareMinerals is amazing! I've never tried Everyday Minerals or Sheer Cover, I used Arbonne, but it blows Arbonne and probably those other brands away. When applying BareMinerals you barely use anything and it works great as a concealer. And as with any mineral makeup you should always use a primer, I use sephora because it is cheaper than the bareMinerals primer. It is very expensive but it last 3 times a long as other products so in the long run its probably cheaper. So Buy It! ; ) You won't regret it!

I hate to say it after all the good reviews, but When I saw it in Sephora, I was like "Ohhh! I'm so exicted to see if it does what it says it does for the skin and covers it, etc." and I tried it and....no. It was cakey and the texture was wierd, the powder fondation didn't blend in very well, and it was a bit dry, after they said it mostruizes. Well, overall I was not happy with the product, I won't rule it out for the future. I might just try it again some other time. Hope this helped!

If your looking for something close, but better then bare minerals, check out these:

http://maybelline.com/Product/Face/Powder/Mineral-...

http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/staticpage/... brand is great!

Or, if your still convinced Bare Minerals is worth a try, here's the site::::http://www.bareminerals.com/

Bare Minerals is great!! BUT it may not be for everyone...you need to find the right shade and know how to apply it properly. It's way healthier for your skin, I love how it feels too...like I have nothing on. It just looks fresh and natural...I think it's so tacky when girls walk around with heavy, heavy obvious makeup when it's HOT out. It covers all the little imperfections but I don't think it'd be a good choice for someone with severe acne...mineral makeup isn't meant to be a mask.