McCain came in nearly last in his class at the Naval Academy - so will he be as good a president as Bush?

84 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

At least McCain has way more military experience than George Bush.

• 1 decade ago

Coming in last in class at the Naval Academy is the same as graduating at the top of the class at almost any other school you can mention; it's that tough!

So, yeah, Senator McCain out classes George Bush all the way around the park! Senator McCain has the potential to be a better president than George Bush, Hillary or Obama!

Full disclosure (ibid): I'm not a McCain fan, but this question is ridiculous!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

While I have heard from McCain that he doesn't have a wealth of economic experience. I have not heard of the others admitting they have any short comings. Knowing what you know and the ability to admit what you don't is much better then everyone else seeing it and you don't.

Obama and Clinton remind me of the Emperor and his new clothes they just don't realize their short comings until someone else points it out to them.

I would say I would fail out of the Naval Academy as would most so give it what it is. The top military minds this country has to offer and even if your last in your class your still leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of us.

Source(s): 1984-2006 USAF
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

McCain graduated from one of the toughest Academies to even attend, let alone graduate from. And the answer is YES, what have the 'other' two graduated from and what degrees...both dime store lawyers, look one up in any phone book, a dime a dozen.

Vote for McCain in 08

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Have seen that for the era of distinct classes. regardless of the undeniable fact that 894 of 899 isn't definitely the bottom, there have been 5 cadets that did worse. Given the academic criteria that the service academies have, it is in evaluation to he graduated with a D person-friendly or some difficulty like that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That was a long time ago. McCain has

had bunches of real-time experience since

way back then, so this is now.....and that

was then. Get it? You're right, Bush has

been a good President (even tho many

people are still upset about the war). This

is not the first war the US has ever been

in nor the first president to use war as a

protection of one kind or another.

• 1 decade ago

He McCain probably at least legitimately graduated! and served in the miltary, I can't think of why aYale and Harvard supposed grad, would fail at 3 or 4 attempts as a businessman, fail as a Governor failed as a Texas Governor-ran on an education platform and left Texas the state with the 2nd most illiterate, 1st in uninsured population, health insurance companies were leaving in droves and took a sizable budget surpluss and turned it into a defecit, this of course is speaking of George W. Bush during his Texas Governor day, for those who want to play dumb! I'm not exactly gung ho over McCain, but no one can ever be worst than Dubya. And at least he did legitimately serve in Vietnam which Dubya avoided like the plague hiding behind his daddy, and Dubya even went as far as going AWOL in the National Guard as a dog and pony show put on by his dad, as a feeble attempt to give Dubya legitimacy. Dubya will allways be nothing but a boy!

• 1 decade ago

The only reason McCain is where he is now is due to his extremely wealthy wife. She is worth 100s of millions of dollars. How can he possibly understand what the "little people" have to go through in their daily lives?

He'll be just as good as Bush, rich and privileged and driving this country further into our debtor's hands, namely China.

• Telly
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Why not? President Bush was and is a good president and John McCain has potential to be just as good. Did John McCain graduate? That's the most important question unless you're a biased left leaning extremist!

• 1 decade ago

Do you have any idea what they call a guy who graduated at the bottom in medical school?

Answer: Doctor!

The same goes for anywhere else, if you have the grades you graduate. It does not make you less wise then the others. Isn't it fair to say that he received a passing grade?

The naval academy is tough and many do not graduate at all.

I am proud for anyone who made it through!

~

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.