BC
BC asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Fun Activity(you get to be in the mlb) details inside?

Ok tell me what you would do in following situations as a good baseball player on your favorite team

1. Sent down to AAA but you have an option of becoming a free agent

2. Get traded(you have no trade clause)

3. Get offered to take a pay cut(you know you deserve to)(hitting terribly lately)

4. Traded to least favorite team(YOU GET 3x your original salary if you go)

5. Last one, you are on the same team as your best friend, manager loves you, so do fans...you get a side offer for 5X your salary...Do you take it and leave behind everyone?

Thanks, star, have fun!

be brutally honest

• Brian
    Favorite Answer

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

No

I wouldn't mind being sent down to AAA, I could have a chance of being called up and playing for the Cubs.

2. Get traded(you have no trade clause)

I'd never want to be traded if I was playing for the Cubs.

If I can stay on the Cubs, I'm happy.

NO

No amount of money would even make me consider that idea.

I'd keep the money I have. I don't want to be greedy.

1. If I am happy with my team and situation I would stay on the team and go down to AAA. I would be a little peeved if I was an established veteran, but just use it as a brief rehab kind of thing to get myself back into the swing of things and expect to be back in the big leagues soon.

2. I wouldn't get traded if I liked the team I was with and my team liked me. I could see if things weren't going well, but I would never waive a no trade clause if it wasn't obvious the team would become better without me.

3. I don't think anyone would just accept getting a paycut if they had the option of not taking it, but if its either take the cut or get fired, then I would take the cut since my play has apparently been sucking lately.

4. Hell no I'm not playing for the Yankees if they offer me A-Rod money, it doesn't matter, talk about embarrassing, being seen in pinstripes wouldn't be worth it.

5. Who they hell would be offering you a side offer, one if its a different team and you are signed already that is illegal, and if it was some other situation then that doesn't make sense, but theoretically, I would stay with my team since if you are a professional athlete you are going to be making plenty of money to live comfortably and being in a place with your friends is a plus. Why would you take money you don't need and be miserable.

1. I'd go to AAA. I wouldn't want to be on another team.

2. Again, I'd do everything I could to stay with the Red Sox.

3. If I wasn't hitting well, I'd take the pay-cut. I'd probably deserve it!

4. Nah. I wouldn't enjoy it at all. I'd rather stay right where I was and get paid the same amount.

5. Definitely not. I'd take being on a team I love with tons of support over the side offer.

I'm pretty unfazed by fame and glory *lol*

I copied the 1st answer and adjusted it up a splash to my liking everyday supervisor~ Andy Macphail (in all probability some Oriole bias) supervisor~ Ron Gardenhire commencing Pitchers~ a million-5. {you do no longer could desire to place all 5, merely positioned as many as you prefer!} In no particular order a million) Tim Lincecum 2) Dan Haren 3) Zack Greinke 4) Roy Halladay 5) Johan Santana middle alleviation/ Set-up guy~ Scott Shields closer~ Mariano Rivera Catcher~ Joe Mauer First Base~ Albert Pujols 2nd Base~ Chase Utley Shortstop~ Hanley Ramierez 0.33 Base~ Alex Rodriguez Left field~ Ryan Braun middle field~ Carl Crawford (i be attentive to he's a LF, yet I dont think of he'd concepts too plenty) precise field~ Ichiro Suzuki precise Hitter (elective)~ Prince Fielder Bench participant(s)~ Matt Wieters, Derek Jeter, Matt Holliday

1. Play in AAA.

2. I would try to stay with the White Sox.

3. Yeah.

4. Stay with the White Sox.

5. NO, I want to stay in Chicago!

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. That's the team I'm on

1. AAA

2. Yes

3. No

4. Yes

5. No

1. I WOULD WAIT A WEEK OR SO THEN CONSIDER TO THINK OUBAUT THAT

2.?

3.?

4.NO IT IS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY

5.NO IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

1. go down

2. depends on the team

3. depends, probably

4. i would if my team really wanted to trade me

5. no