Does rubbing alcohol kill disease such as HEP C and AIDS?

I bought a nose ring, new, but I am still not very trusting. I bought it from a pet store which sold body jewelry, so I thought maybe it needs cleaned real good. So I'm soaking it in rubbing alcohol now and my question is this, will this kill any germs or diseases on it? Even any dirtyness it could have on... show more I bought a nose ring, new, but I am still not very trusting. I bought it from a pet store which sold body jewelry, so I thought maybe it needs cleaned real good. So I'm soaking it in rubbing alcohol now and my question is this, will this kill any germs or diseases on it? Even any dirtyness it could have on it from being in a pet store?

I was also going to put them in boiling water for a few seconds, and should i also wash them in diluted bleach water , or will the rubbing alcohol be enough?

how long do i have to soak it in the rubbing alcohol and will it be clean? i once heard that not even bleach kills the HEP C virus?
5 answers