Does rubbing alcohol kill disease such as HEP C and AIDS?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I bought a nose ring, new, but I am still not very trusting. I bought it from a pet store which sold body jewelry, so I thought maybe it needs cleaned real good. So I'm soaking ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
No, bleach does help to kill the Hep C virus, and the HIV virus (TOPICALLY, not ingested, like some teens believe).

If you're that paranoid, I suggest putting the nosering in a cup and bleaching it first, then rinse, bleach again (for a few minutes, not seconds), then a thorough rinse in hot/boiling water. That should kill whatever you think is on that nose ring (if there IS anything).

But LOL, what pet store sells nose rings? o_O

Source:

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
Thank you. :)
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (4)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Bayla answered 6 years ago
    Was it in a package?
    Do the stores allow others to try on body jewlry?
    I think not.
    Your worry is for nothing.

HCV advocate and someone's mom

Source(s):

www.hepcaware.org
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Stephanie answered 6 years ago
    the ONLY sure way of not having hcv infectious blood particles (dry or wet) is the use of an autoclave.

bleach and alcohol do not KILL hcv, it only cleans the surface-ie, sloughs if off of the surface.

from now on,make sure you only purchase jewelry in un-opened packages.

as always, many do not know they have hcv, furthermore there are millions of ways one can come into contact with hcv, the difference is, hcv infectious blood has to enter the bloodstream to cause infection- just like in your case.

have you been tested? there are many who thought they had the flu or mono at one time or another when in all reality if could of been hcv in the acute phase.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • newser321 answered 6 years ago
    According to this study:

http://www.natap.org/2002/Dec/121202_1.h...

Hep C is inhibited by bleach. It works better than nothing, in that drug abusers who used bleach 95% didn't get HEP C, while non users of bleach 65% did not get HEP C. Sterile jewelry is the only way to be 100% sure of non-contamination.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ezeikiel answered 6 years ago
    USE THE BOILING WATER.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock