can my grandma lock my boyfriend locked up for getting me pregnant***10points***?

hey i am an 17 year old girl that has an 19year old boyfriend that i love very much i justv found out that i might be 4wks pregnant and im going to the doctor for an appt. about this well i live in alabama and the consent age is 16 and by the time the baby will be due it will be december 25 or so and my b-day is april 9 and his is feburary 10 and next year i will be 18 so what is it that i can do cuz i dont want this to happen to my boyfriend cuz i will abort this baby cuz my grandma is crazy but i live with mmy grandma she get temporary cusidie of me and my brother but i talked to my mom about this and she said that are age is perfectly fine cuz to me it is very hard to meet someone your same age espespically if you are 17 but please i want good answers pleawse and please be respectful thanx and god bless you

Favorite Answer

GURL NO MY MOM TRIED TO GET ME SENT TO BOOTCAMP WHEN I WAS YOUNGER... IM A GOOD GURL NOW LOL... BUT THE COP WAS LIKE SHE IS 17 THERE IS NUTTIN U CAN DO OUR CONSENT AGE IS 16 ALSO SO KNOW OH AND IN GEORGA U ARE AN ADULT AT 17 SO IM SURE NOT..!! GOOD LUCK IM PREGO TO >11 WEEKS<

Why would you abort the baby either way. There are moms and dads all over the world raising kids on their own. My mother always told me that if you play you pay. Take care of what you created because it wasn't the baby's fault. If you don't want the baby then use adoption. There are too many families that want children but can't have them. You are fine when it comes to him going to jail if the law is 16. Sometimes things happen in life to where both parents CANT be there. Someone can still love that little baby inside, whether it be you or someone else. Think about your options before aborting but it is your decision in the end.

As long as you were of legal age at the time you had sex, then your grandmother can't take any legal actions against your boyfriend. Looks like you are in the clear.

I had a hard time reading your question because it was one huge run-on sentence, but I did catch something about an abortion. Aborting your baby because your grandmother might press charges against your baby is assanine. Even if you two had done something illegal (which you didn't), aborting the baby wouldn't change anything. You'd just simply be another teen girl that got an abortion while her boyfriend sat in jail for statutory rape. Since there's no issues with age, I hope you aren't going to abort the baby.

• elsie

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

If the legal age of consent is 16 and you're only two years apart in age, then your boyfriend is probably fine. Talk to a lawyer to get the best answer as laws vary by state.

Each states laws are different. Young woman get pregnant everyday. Unfortunately age is a factor upon conception and not on arrival of the baby. I would seek out a clinic so you can receive adequate counseling and direction. Considering abortion is very serious - I will keep you in my prayers. I am not passing judgment, just please seek advice before making any decisions about you and your baby.

Source(s): check out these sites for help... www.standupgirl.com www.RHRealityCheck.org www.chooselifehuntsville.org/lifechoices.htmwww.firstchoicewmc.com/

It depends on the statutory rape laws in your state.

I would say though, that with there only being 2 years between you two, you should be fine.

Talk to your grandma about this- she is probably just mad that he got you pregnant. Explain to her that even if the laws in your state would support him going to jail that you don't think it is in the best interest of you or the baby to do that...how is he going to support you or the child from a jail cell?...ask her that one!!

Good luck!!

Source(s): 23 wks pregnant w/ #1

It's all according to the Statutory Rape laws in your state. If Florida, you must be 18 before you can have sex or it's considered having sex with a minor. If your state's statutory rape age is 17 you are fine. If not, then your grandmother can report it to police as Statutory Rape. Where it goes from there is up to the law.

You are over the age of consent--plus, I believe that the guy has to be over four years or older than you for the police to raise an eyebrow. Two years is not that big of a deal.

Good luck, and if it gets bad at your grandmothers house, seek help for you and your baby!

No, she can't. She can threaten you all she wants but can't actually do anything about it. Especially because the consent age is 16 in your state and the gap of ages is not very wide.

No you are totally fine I think your g-ma hates your bf did your mom get pregnant at a young age? If so than g-ma is upset that your following in footsteps shell get over it but yes you are safe congratulations and good luck

No she can't.

However....why on earth would you abort if she could? How much do you love your baby? Does daddy not care? How could mom be fine with this? I threw up a little when I read that. 17 is so young for this......it's too bad this happened.

Good luck, you need it.