My doctor told me I will have Strep Throat tommorow?

So I went to the doctor today because I've had this horrible cough for 2 weeks now. She looked down my throat and then swabbed it and tested for Strep. The test came out positive, but I don't have any actual symptoms of Strep. She told me between now and tommorow the Strep will develop and I will have the symptoms, so she put me on an anti-boitc.

My question is... Is it possible to have Strep but the symptoms not show until the next day? I guess I just got lucky and caught it early..?

• Trixi
    Favorite Answer

I had strep once and it didn't feel like what I was expecting. My throat wasn't sore, but it felt like there was a knot in it. Like there was something stuck in there. That could be why you're coughing.

Unfortunately, a NASTY cold will follow when you start the Antibiotics (or at least that was my experience) I'm sorry you're sick! Feel better!

This is a doctor so I guess you have to assume she knows what she's talking about. it sounds plausible, but I guess you can take the meds, & see what happens or go to another doctor & get a different opinion...

sleep well and drink lots of water