Name some southern rock bands, if you like that kind of stuff...?

ZZ Top

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Blackfoot

.38 Special

Molly Hatchet

Outlaws

Allman Bros.

***ALSO***

do you consider the Eagles to be southern rock?

do you have to be from the "South" to make southern rock?

Best Answer

Steve Earle and The Dukes are among my favorites.

I grew up on, and still enjoy, every band you listed.

*Hippie Music - I forgot all about the Dixie Dregs! Saw them at the House of Blues in New Orleans about 15 years ago. Great show.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Allman Brothers Band

Charlie Daniels

Marshall Tucker Band

Molly Hatchet

Blackfoot

Little Feat

okay i love ZZ top but i dont consider them southern rock,

Eagles are not southern rock

and no im not from the south lol still like the music.. have a great day

Eagles are west coast wimp rock.

Pat Travers of Toronto I consider a southern rocker. His "Boom Boom Out Go The Lights" is right out of the south.

Some southern rockers didn't deserve the title. .38 Special is more of a pop rock band except for "Rockin' Into The Night". The rest of their hits were also played on light rock stations. Same goes for the Atlanta Rhythm Section. Who can tell them from The Little River Band?

Wet Willie are a great southern band still at it. Charlie Daniels used to be southern rock but hitched his wagon to the new neocon Nashville Music Ruination Row after his bipolar disorder set in. Like another draft dodger, Ted Nugent, Charlie is now mister big patriot.

Doobie Brothers,Molly Hatchet,38 Special,Charlie Daniels Band,Neil Young,Southern Rock allStars,CCR,Ozark Mountain DareDevils

Charlie Daniels, Rossington Collins, Marshal Tucker,Firefall, Pure Prairie League, Elvin Bishop, Henry Paul Band, Sanford and Townsend Band, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Wet Willie, Georgia Satellites, Black Oak Arkansas, plus the ones you named. The Eagle are similar in some ways to Southern Rock but I wouldn't put them in that category. I don't suppose you have to be from the south to play Southern Rock, but I think all of them were. Oh I forgot Atlanta Rhythm Section.

ZZ appropriate Bloodrock 10cc Nazareth Savoy Brown Spooky enamel Uriah Heep uncommon Earth The Seads Jaggerz Frijid crimson Pacific gas & electric powered King Harvest Cactus Boomtown Rats Motherlode prepare organic gas Nucleus The Tangerine Zoo Blackstone Walrus super Jones 40 9th Parallel Brussel Sprout The loopy human beings The 11th Hour Madura teach Of hands Andwella the effective Curved Air The Flock String pushed element Joshua Fludd Sea prepare Phantom Hapshash And the colored Coat The Human Host And The Heavy metallic childrens The Hans Staymer Band Bubble puppy Baker Gurvitz military The Fraternity Of guy Mandala hi human beings Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes the manhattan Rock N Roll Ensemble chilly Blood representation the phantasm take care dave

Love ZZ Top

and Lynrd Skynyrd

Are Deep Purple or Kanasas Southern Rock, I know they are classic

Marshall Tucker Band....my mom's ex loved them, but I could only get into a couple of songs.

But I do adore Widespread Panic.....and their concerts are legendary in the South ;)

I don't think personally you have to be from the South to make southern rock, although it certainly helps. The Eagles are faves here, but I don't personally consider them southern rock, though others may disagree. ;)

Eagles....as Southern Rock??? That's a gray area.

Live anywhere on the Planet---if you love Southern Rock---then Rebel Yell and show your pride!!! And be sure to tell them folks in fancy restaurants you like your chicken FRIED!!!

Lynryd Skynyrd

Molly Hatchet

Blackfoot

Allman Bros

Marshall Tucker Band rip Tommy Caldwell

Outlaws

Stevie Ray Vaughn?????

38Special

Black Crowes

Georgia Satellites

REM--from Georgia

Zaharas

Smokin Guns

Dog Soldier

Elvin Bishop

Charlie Daniels Band

Black Oak Arkansas

Atlanta Rhythm Section

Rebel Pride Band

just to name a few >>>>good luck thanks