What are the best attractions in Tucson, AZ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Old Tucson studios.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

*heavy sigh*

Why do people who know absolutely NOTHING about Tucson bother answering questions about it? (Yuma is a four-hour drive from here!!)

*rant off*

The quintessential attractions are the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and the two units of Saguaro National Park. Other natural attractions include Sabino Canyon and, yes, Mount Lemmon (rising 6000 feet above the valley floor). And there are endless hiking opportunities.

If you're into airplanes, then put the Pima Air Museum on the list (not Puma). An AMARG tour (the Airplane Boneyard) would be a recommended addition to that visit. The Titan Missile Museum is a sobering experience of the Cold War (and if you're a Trekkie, it's where they filmed Star Trek 8...the missile was used as Cochrane's rocket).

Cultural attractions in the area include San Xavier del Bac, a Spanish mission; and Tumacocori National Historic Site, the ruins of a Spanish mission. The latter is about 45 minutes south of Tucson and be combined with shopping in Tubac (an artist colony) or across the border in Nogales, Mexico.

Kitt Peak Observatory is another popular attraction about 40 miles southwest of here.

Old Tucson Studios is out near the Desert Museum and where they used to film a lot of old westerns. Nearly the whole place burned down several years ago, but they rebuilt it. If you're into western stuntman shows you might like it, otherwise most Tucsonans avoid the place.

Source(s): I'm a 24-year resident.
  • 1 decade ago

PUMA air museum was great also Mount Lemon is amazing. It was like 95 at the bottom and snow at the top, The road is windy but worth the trip up. Mexico is close, but we did not like it and border towns are rough.

• Nessie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The Phoenix lights Museum

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is Yuma , Arizona near Tuscon.... Yuma Territorial Park, Kofa Refuge, ... etc.

The only attraction in Tuscon , Arizona would be the Sonoran Desert and the battles here fought on the sand...

• 1 decade ago

The only place I liked when I went there was this cool desert animal park thing, its like a hike and there are wild desert animals in captivity so you see it close up. Its called sonoma something I forgot the name.

• 1 decade ago

heat... sand... bad air. ooh ya sun.

nooo noo im sure there is alot of neat things there.. I would go see the old indian villages and local museums.

Source(s): saw alot of westerns on tv
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.