Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

.577 T-Rex rifle?

How strong is the .577 T-Rex rifle and were can i get one.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Any gumsmith worth his bluing salts can build you one. That is the only way you are going to get one. The 577 T-Rex is over kill for anything on earth.

I believe if you need a muzzle break on a firearm then you should be shooting something smaller. Your looking at a single or double rifle or a bolt action. All three of these are going to be in the range of $10,000 +. You would be better off by going with a Holland and Holland rifle or another make of doule rifle if you want to hunt n Africa. This gun produces recoil in a major way. Shooting it more than once would be like going 10 rounds with mike tyson After he bit your ear off).

Many of the professional hunters in africa do not even use this kind of power. They sometimes carry a backup rifle incase the shooter makes a bad shot and a large game animal charges the shooter.

Mr. B

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

this is not a searching rifle, that's a preventing rifle. there's a particular degree of one-upsmanship in making those vast bruisers, in spite of the undeniable fact that the 577 T-Rex also harkens again to the 577 Nitro exhibit doubles, yet at about a third the fee of the sensible of the former guns. this is one difficulty to seek the vast 5. Any tremendous-bore rifle is sufficient, and a tremendous type of vast medium-bores like the 404 or 416 are more effective than sufficient for the job. on the different hand, even as an offended critter that weighs quite a few a lot is charging you from purely some ft away, there is not any such difficulty as too a lot gun to provide up the cost, and the designers of this stuff have a tendency to have had an huge call utilizing a 458 or 470. John Taylor, for instance, talked about that the 577 NE ought to knock an elephant unconcious for a nil.5 hour or so no matter if the shot did not hit the mind properly. also, i believe the adult adult males in the video weren't used to capturing tremendous-bores, a lot less this kind of monster. The 577 and six hundred are quite in a category by utilizing themselves, even too vast to call them tremendous-bores.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I heard from a guy who fired one of those (or it might have been a 600 Nitro Express)

He said "I shot it, and boy did it kick. I didn't drop it but I think my soul has been a bit crooked in my body ever since"

anyways, if you are asking a question like this here, you are obviously unaware that these are custom made guns that will cost you $5,000.00+ and probably have no real concept of the level of recoil we are talking about here. Pictures and videos do NOT do justice to recoil.

Someone who isn't easily able to handle 416 rigby levels of recoil for muliple shots have no reason to even think about such a gun as this.

In the story above, the PE needed a bigger more powerful gun to handle a wounded elephant at close range. Unfortunately, that is not true. The PE needed a client that could SHOOT. The client probably made the same mistake as you and just wanted a big rifle with no real idea of how much those guns kicked, and couldn't shoot it worht a crap.

a .375 H&H you can control is a lot more potent than a .577 that you cannot control.

• john r
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It is Hell for stout. Over 10,000 ft-lbs of muzzle energy. The cartridge was developed and rifles made by A-Square Arms. Their Hannibal rifle is chambered for this and is $3000-4000. I have attached a video of an interview the Art Alphin, creator of the cartridge and the rifles. In it he explains how he came to develop the cartridge. An African professional hunter had guided a client for elephant. The client shot a big bull with a .458 once in a tusk and once in the foot, then dropped the rifle and ran off. This left the PH with several tons of PO'd elephant to deal with, and he was almost pulped.

He approached Alphin and wanted a "bigger rifle", neither a .470 nor a .500 being big enough for him after that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Couple of tips:

1. Make sure you have a muzzle brake on it

2.Buy the heaviest rife on the market

3.Make sure it comes with a bipod installed on it

4.Always shoot it prone

5.Unless you really hate the person don't let them stand,sit or lay beside you when your firing the rifle. The redirected muzzle blast from the muzzle brake will ensure that person will never have facial hair.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Shadow had the answer but why stop at such an anemic little popgun. Buy a .700 Nitro Express....... hell of a squirrel rifle!

• 1 decade ago

To tell you how strong this rifle is look it up on google videos........And if you still want one after that go to jgsales.com and see if they can order one for you i am sure they can.They are very helpful.

Source(s): www.jgsales.com
  • 1 decade ago

um check out youtube knocking full grown men and marines over check around the internet for a source

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.