Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Major fire phobia, help please!?

Okay, what I have is like a major phobia of fire. I don't have a fear of getting shot or any other type of death except for burning alive. When ever I get close to an oven, I just cannot even imagine. I almost cry everytime I see a nazi symbol because I'm half Jewish and of alll the things, this is what they did to them. I'm afraid that something like this could happen again. Also, and more realistically, I'm afraid like I could get in a bad car accident and my car could light a fire or I my house could catch on fire and me be stuck in it. How do I get over worrying about this phobia so much?

By the way, I have GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) so that explains why I worry so much

Favorite Answer

You need to think about good thing and not bad things! Just stay away from fire! When driving in a car don't speed drive carefully! You need to get over your fears take it one day at a time! I lost my mother in law in a fatal car wreck a year ago! So I do know how you feel! You just got to get over it like I'm doing here! You got to let go!

So you have a disorder get on with your life. Just protect yourself without worry and you will be fine but you have to get on with normal every day life