Jim asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Should I trade Brian Roberts and Dustin McGowan for Brandon Webb & BJ Ryan?

This is my current team:

I realize that this trade could hurt my sbs a lot, but i also have a need at pitching and webb would solve that. He said that if he is gonna trade Webb he wants a good/solid pitcher in return to go along with a good hitter which is his biggest need.

C Víctor Martínez (Cle - C,1B)

1B Prince Fielder (Mil - 1B)

2B Brian Roberts (Bal - 2B)

3B Miguel Cabrera (Det - 3B)

SS Yunel Escobar (Atl - 2B,3B,SS)

OF Ichiro Suzuki (Sea - OF)

OF Raúl Ibañez (Sea - OF)

OF Carlos Beltrán (NYM - OF)

Util Derrek Lee (ChC - 1B)

Util Garrett Atkins (Col - 1B,3B)

SP Fausto Carmona (Cle - SP)

SP Jered Weaver (LAA - SP)

SP Dustin McGowan (Tor - SP)

RP Francisco Rodríguez (LAA - RP)

RP Manuel Corpas (Col - RP)

RP Scot Shields (LAA - RP)

P Justin Verlander (Det - SP)

P Matt Cain (SF - SP)

P Brian Bannister (KC - SP)

BN Miguel Tejada (Hou - SS)

BN James Loney (LAD - 1B)

BN Johnny Cueto (Cin - SP)

DL John Lackey (LAA - SP)

I am in an 8 team league btw

I am in an 8 team league btw

Favorite Answer

Miguel Tejada

This would be a great trade for you, but I see that you've already accepted the other trade. I'm not sure if Cyrus would accept this.

Webb is the #3 SP in the MLB. He's consistently great and helps in every category possible (other than saves and holds). Ryan is decent. Roberts is a good 2B who has the potential to steal 40+ bases, and McGowan is a solid pitcher. The reason I don't think Cyrus would've accepted this trade is because he doesn't need speed. He already has Reyes, Figgins, and a couple other guys, so the last thing he needs is more SB's.

Hope I helped!

Yes, Webb has been great this year, and you know that he is capable of keeping it up. I'm not as high on McGowan as others, and Roberts will struggle to get RBI's and Runs on a bad team. His stats will be good, but not great. Ryan is just a guy to have now, hoping that he'll be able to help you later on.

I think that Webb can easily be the Cy Young this year, so I say yes.

Kazmir is a srikeout device with an era to tutor it. Figgins, a useful asset on any group, would desire to help plenty down the stretch seeing as he has diverse place eligibilty. while you're in dire desire of a 2d or third basemen I say make the commerce. If no longer, i does no longer. Hunter pence provides you with ability, ordinary, and steals and Webb gets you greater wins than Kazmir and additionally gets you a stable volume of ok's with a greater useful era than Kazmir. additionally, Kazmir has an inclination to interrupt down previous due interior the season as a results of fact he throws a ton of pitches. individually, i does no longer make the commerce.

You will improve your power with Tejada at SS. You will improve your pitching both SP and RP. It would let you to drop Shields and get pick up somebody who is hot. Yea. Do it.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like trading a guy who can play 162 games, get 100 runs, maybe 50 SB...for a guy who is only going to play 33 games. Yeah, Webb is great, but Roberts looks like he might be your only speed (Ichiro is getting older). I think Beltran is overrated.

• Take the trade. Your teams great and you have nothing to lose by taking a great pitcher like Brandon Webb.

NO, ryan is injury prone and your Save situation looks pretty good, along with your starting pitching

Yes. Good Luck.