Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Does sports radio's devoting lots of time breaking down NFL team schedules reinforce the NFL's dominance?

I think it's remarkable. Driving home from work the past two nights ESPN radio devoted more time breaking down NFL schedules, winners and losers, potential records, etc. than it did the boring and lame NBA on the eve of its playoffs. And I loved every minute of it.

The NFL can't return soon enough.

Favorite Answer

I was thinking the same thing today. NBA, baseball, soccer, NASCAR, and golf is going on, and what are they talking about? What do they dedicate a "Sportscenter special" to? Yep, the NFL. Very good point.

Survey says.... ding!

The TV ratings for the draft will dwarf everything in that window of time, even on Day 2.

Like you I am all too happy to have football on the radio right now. The offseason is like "radio silence" for reentry from orbit. It really is unbearable.

I can't point to exactly why, but it's the best thing in April by far.

The NFL is King.

Nice observation. So goes life as sports fan, the NFL will always dominate.

Yeah and I actually caught myself watching a good hour of it on nfl network and realize they were repeating so then I played Madden 08.

Its all about football!!!

Cant wait to tell my wife-Get me a beer!!!

Football is America's past time...people can try to say it is still Baseball, but they are just holding on to the past.

well they wouldn't be talking about the NFL so much , if noone was listening