Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

Would you let teen with a Vampire obsession babysit your kids?

I am 15 years old, perky and happy and most people find me intelligent, eloquent and good with children. But I have found people often have a problem with me, I am obsessed with Vampires ( I carry Vampire novels with me all over).

I am not involved in dark magic and I don't do bad things but people are often nervous about hiring me.

Favorite Answer

I would probably invite you to swap books for reading lol. I was always into the horror/fiction/macabre type stuff myself at your age and beyond, i still like a nice dark room and a horror movie on the tv when i get a chance. your interests are just that,,,,its not like you are going to suck the kids blood while mom and dad go to dinner lol.

Sure I would. I was similar and I am great with children, as a matter of fact I have one and another on the way now and am very happily married. There's nothing wrong with liking vampires as long as you don't go to extremes (darkness, cultish behavior). I baby-sat all the time. Vampires are rather fascinating creatures aren't they? :) Even if they are fictional characters. My favorite author by far is Ann Rice and I loved the movie "Interview with a Vampire". It was a very well done movie.

As long as you don't try to drain my kids of their blood, lol. Sure why not?

Source(s): Mom and Wife: Also a fan of vampire novels and movies and gothic as well. And I am a believer in Christ, not dark magic :)

Other than the preps and the jocks, what teenager doesn't like a good vampire/witch/ghost story? Back in my day it was Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which ended with seven seasons and had a spinoff called Angel which ended with five seasons. As long as you aren't crazy and think that you're a vampire, or anything like that, yeah, I'd let you watch my kids.

I totally get you because I was goth in high school and it wasnt that long ago for me. But unfortunatly the cold hard truth of the real world is that people judge based on appearance and incorrect stereo types. There will be some parents ofcourse (probably 30 and under) that wont mind. But an overwhelming majority are going to look at you and think things like satan worshiper, drug pusher, ect.

I hate it, and I wish I could tell you something different. But people in general are not open minded and dont like things that are different. They are afraid of things they dont understand.

Don't bring your vampire books with you when babysitting or meeting with parents. Unless you're wearing fangs or a big teeshirt declaring your love for vampires, no one really needs to know this about you right away. Part of growing up and having jobs, etc. is knowing what to present to people and what to leave at home. This is a pretty easy one.

i used to be too. i loved anne rice, but like you i wasn't involved with the weird side of it. try to brighten your outfits with color (if you only wear black), lose the heavy black makeup (if you wear it). and keep your books in your pruse and dont let the parents see them. dont leave them out for the kids to see and dont talk about it with anyone who might hire you. be your happy perky self and you shouldn't have a prob!

good luck

what sort of respected dentist might setting up vampire veneers in the 1st place. it particularly is a strange international we are residing in. to answer your question no way, i'm elevating my childrens to be bullies no longer outcasts.

• Amanda

to each there own...