My son was told that pressing alt ctrl and delete when starting his computer would fix it?

some one told my son that this would put it back to how it was when we got it from pc world, that doing this would erase all his filles pictures norton broadband symantics the lot is this true or a rotten lie and if he trys this what will happen. thanks for reading this and any advice that will help him .the reason... show more some one told my son that this would put it back to how it was when we got it from pc world, that doing this would erase all his filles pictures norton broadband symantics the lot is this true or a rotten lie and if he trys this what will happen. thanks for reading this and any advice that will help him .the reason for wanting to know this is that he smarty pants has buggerd it up again. best regards linda.