I got little bumps under my tattoo that i got like last year and they itch what could it be??

Its my intials JLK in old english and their in every letter and itch. I dont think its bug bites what could it be??

Favorite Answer

The bumps are a reaction to something. They could be to the ink itself (doubtful) or to whatever you were using to heal it. If you're putting something like A&D ointment on it, that could be the reason.

A&D is good for your skin, but is not actually meant for tattoo healing. It clogs the pores and doesn't allow the tattoo to heal properly.

Just stop using whatever you're using on it and leave it alone for a few days. The bumps will dry out and go away on their own.

allergic reactions can pop up long after the tattoo. if it doesn't go away within the next few days you may want to see a dermatologist to see if it is something to be concerned about.

It sounds like an allergic reaction.

what it is is dried pigment or the wrong pigment.. or could be an allergy.. Was it a professional tattoo artist?