Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsOther - Visual Arts · 1 decade ago

Can you help me with my art project idea with your opinion?

I would like to make something that has many boxes or anything that you can think about that you can open, but it can open only one of these boxes at a time. (It can also be made of envelopeds that you can open, or drawers. It just should not be possible to open two at the same time).

I want to represent each box with a pleasure in life (and I will think about that, don't bother), and together they show that our society is oriented toward enjoying these pleasures because a life after death is improbable.

I just would like to know how to assemble such a mechanism. (with paper, or plastic pieces, or whatever you can think about)

Favorite Answer

Do you know what would be cool but hard, BUT very original.... Origami Paper cranes...the purpose of origami creations is that the shape creation is a way of adding special meaning to what the paper held on it or in it.

If you could create a very large scale paper crane and inside the crane, place the representation of a pleasure in life, then place a smaller crane in it and so forth until you reach a tiny single paper crane.. It would look very cool if you could pull it off.

Something a bit more orginal could be just drawing a single swan in a lake...the swan in the bottom right corner and the lake spreading across the rest of the page, you could get a really beautiful angle on the swan. Good luck with it! =]