Can you cut concrete pavers with a tile wet saw?

I have a wet saw that is for tile but I am wondering if it would work for concrete paver without breaking the saw.

Favorite Answer

No offense to any who answer in the affirmative, but I'll add my thoughts. I tile every day of my life, and have every possible tool for the job. As well, I do pavers, Decks, etc.

The issue isn't so much the material being cut, but the blade, the Kerf, and the speed at which you cut, combined with the WATER/Lubrication involved.

If you've ever watched a Highway crew, you can see them using a DRY saw to cut expansion joints in concrete.

No matter that the blade might be Diamond, once you've reached a depth beyond the blade edge, and properties, it will be even more important to FLUSH the cut, as the balance of the diameter of blade to tool shaft is NOT a cutting edge, and can bind in residue.

It might also equate to the quality of the tool? Certainly I can buy a Harbor Freight, Chinese made Wet saw, (no offense to them) for less than $100. Would I assume I could use in in a heavy duty, long term sense? Not me.

Steven Wolf

Just my 2 "sense"

Source(s): 45 plus years as a contractor

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): cut concrete pavers tile wet saw: https://shortly.im/AcPu2
  • puma

Paver Saw

How To Cut Pavers

Can I cut or even score a 16x16 concrete paver, using a 7" wet saw diamond tip blade on my sliding compound miter saw? The score would be for a two way squared corner cut of 4 1/2".

Yes you can! Its an easy way to cut pavers. I wrote an article last year about installing concrete pavers. There are a bunch of tips and advice for getting the job done. Hope I could help!

Yes, I installed a counter top out of pavers and used a tile saw to cut them it was very easy. Give the saw its time to cut them is the only thing that I know to tell you other than go for it.

You are lucky there is no easier way to cut them.

Vic

softer than tile so yes