How can I make garlic bread if I only have garlic salt or garlic powder?

I dont have a clove of garlic, so is there a recipe for garlic bread that I can just use garlic salt or garlic powder with?

• Jeanie
    Favorite Answer

Butter bread and sprinkle with garlic powder.

OR

Roast cloves of garlic and spread on toast.

Garlic Bread With Garlic Powder

1

Source(s): Modern People Paleo Cookbook - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?ASfS
  • domann

How To Make Garlic Salt

RE:

Source(s): garlic bread garlic salt garlic powder: https://trimurl.im/e7/how-can-i-make-garlic-bread-...

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw3Mm

Well, just remember that garlic salt is just a mixture of garlic powder and salt. Very salty. I never use it, I use garlic powder and add salt to taste later. I use minced fresh garlic on my garlic bread but garlic powder works just fine. Just soften butter and mix in the garlic powder.

Oh my..I never use fresh garlic. It is SO simple to make garlic bread with garlic salt.... This is what I do... I spread a generous amount of butter or margarine on the bread, then sprinkle on some garlic salt and possible a little bit of Parmesan cheese. Toast it like you would the other way. Its great and so much easier.

A healthy hint, use white wheat bread,. and olive oil as well.

• jc

Just spread butter or oil on the bread and add the garlic powder( the garlic salt may be to salty especially if you use salted butter).

If you have paprika, add some also for color.

Then just toast it in the over till the edges get brown.

Simple garlic bread.

( herbs are optional).

Garlic powder will work better than the garlic salt or your garlic bread would be too salty. Just add a few teaspoons of the garlic powder to your butter. I usually use a little olive oil for flavor and to keep the butter from burning. You may also sprinkle it with paprika for color, fresh or dried herbs like oregano or minced parsley. If using dried add to your butter to hydrate the herbs. This will add additional flavor. Or try adding parmesan cheese for flavor and crunch.

What I would do, is combine 2 tbsp butter with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp water, add 1/2 tsp garlic salt, 1 tsp garlic powder and 2 tsp parsley (just to make it purty). Bring it to a boil and brush it over the top of your bread (Taste it to make sure it's garlicky enough first). Then broil it until nice and golden. I like to add parmesan and mozzarella right before it browns, then melt the cheeses under the broiler.