Why are ladies in islam getting told to cover, instead of telling the men to look away?

I find this very unfair against women, especially in hot countries or in the summer, when it must be really horrible to wear. In my view, the reason behind it is more or less mysoginy and the perception of women as being seductive by nature and inferior. Why aren't the guys told to look down if a woman (in... show more I find this very unfair against women, especially in hot countries or in the summer, when it must be really horrible to wear. In my view, the reason behind it is more or less mysoginy and the perception of women as being seductive by nature and inferior.
Why aren't the guys told to look down if a woman (in their view) shows too much skin, so that the women can wear comfortable clothes and live her life as she pleases? It's not the woman's fault if the men are turned on. If it's boiling hot outside, and I grab a t-shirt and light skirt, the last thing I think of is the guys.
Update: I see your point, Saarah, but to me, it seems unlikely that the vers you quoted is God's word. It speaks of slaves, but aren't we all equal in front of God, aren't we all his children? I don't think God would want any human to have slaves, and this suggests to me that the whole sura you mentioned... show more I see your point, Saarah, but to me, it seems unlikely that the vers you quoted is God's word. It speaks of slaves, but aren't we all equal in front of God, aren't we all his children? I don't think God would want any human to have slaves, and this suggests to me that the whole sura you mentioned was inserted in the scripture by male authors of that time, reflecting their own view on women.
And you're right, some women are of course not forced to wear it, but if they believe God wants them to, this can be seen as a kind of obligation. I believe he doesn't.
Update 2: But Naush... doesn't "cover their bossoms" just mean "cover their chest"?
Update 3: Kiba, I respect your view, but in my view, you need more self confidence, if I may say that. You put yourself down by saying you're you're husband's jewel, because that sounds like a piece of property and not like an equal human being, which you are. You have only that book to rely on and in my view,... show more Kiba, I respect your view, but in my view, you need more self confidence, if I may say that. You put yourself down by saying you're you're husband's jewel, because that sounds like a piece of property and not like an equal human being, which you are.
You have only that book to rely on and in my view, it's not very likely that mohammed spoke in God's name. And you subordinate yourself under a rule that was written by men, taught by men and serves men. I believe you shouldn't put yourself in that position, you're worth being your husband's equal.