Do gay men produce less testosterone?

I am not trying to be stereotypical I am gay. I am not trying to rude or annoying but I have a growth defiency and take testosterone shots. I am just like everyone else and I can still be sexuall active. I was wondering if was true for gay guys including me. Again this is a serious question not meant to hurt anyone and strictly for medical reasons.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.Stereotypes are so not worth it.

Favorite Answer

No, actually gay men produce slightly more testosterone once they are adults -- go figure!

If you have further questions about testosterone or your growth deficiency, you should consult with an endocrinologist. Endocrinologists are doctors who are experts in hormones and glands.

There is no know correlation between testosterone level and sexual orientation. Can you imagine if there were? We'd all be chased with shots by those hell bent to "cure" us. But this was a good question.

PS, not sure why you have to get testosterone shots instead of using the topical gel. Most endocrinologists now recommend Androgel 1% applied once daily. Check with your endocrinologist.

I am a girl with a disease that has ****** with my hormones. The lack of hormones was detrimental to my health in ways that I can't even go into, but from my experience- before i started taking vitamins to raise my estrogen levels(if I hadnt some terrible health problems would have occured) I was attracted to women. After, taking these pills I was more attracted to men. There are all types of gay. There are many different sources but maybe just maybe its slightly hormonal.

Hi Jamie, ditto from a mans point of view. I'm straight. Diagnosed very low t. I'm on shots and spend 2 days a week feeling gay during the surge after the shot. .. . You are not alone. May God. Bless you and keep you during this time.

Nope. Your testosterone issue is a metabolic issue and not linked to your sexuality. In fact, if I remember my statistics correctly, about 8% of all men need to be on hormones at some point to supplement or stabilize. There are even some that need hormones to bring their testosterone levels down a bit.

Testosterone levels have nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Testosterone levels rise in older women and fall in older men. Older women neither become manly nor become lesbians. Older men neither become feminine nor become gay.

Lot of research has been done attempting to link hormones levels (even the hormone levels of pregnant women) with homosexuality and no legitimate link has ever been found in humans.

What you are experiencing is two separate events happening to the same person.

Hope that helps.

Do you see those massively massive gay guys out there I doubt that there gay because of testerone deficincy.

Being gay has no correlation to hormone levels.

No, they don't.

you people are wrong any boy whos going through puberty and does not recieve enough testerone is likely to go gay testerone is what makes you man

by the way how old are u?