Nicole S asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is it natural for a girl, age 13, to shave her vagina hairs?

You see, i have kinda been shaving them, and i don't know if i should ask my mom. I guess i am kinda scared to. And the thing is, i haven't even started my period. I am confused.

Best Answer

"it HIURT so BAD." - DOn't worry about that. Shaving is perfectly normal for a girl to, and many do at your age as hard as it may seem to be sometimes.

Shaving will NOT hurt you unless you go to close to your skin and cut it or shave to much to irritate it.

Your mom doesn't need to know about it either. I'm sure she didnt tell her mom when she started because those things are suppose to be personal, but if you wanted to then go ahead, its really your choice to decide.

I started shaving when i was about 13 years old too, i didnt tell my mom or dad about it because i felt they dont need to know about what i do about things like that.

Just remember that shaving IS a normal thing and you shouldnt let anyones negitive opinion about it bother you. Its what you like and want and your comfort area. And having your period, thats fine if you didnt get it dont worry. Never rush your woman hood =] just be comfortable when you can and handle life as it comes =]

There is no age restrictions of when you can or cannot shave your vagina hairs. Some ladies and man finds it very sexy for the female to shave their vagina hair as it will show to the guys the entire vagina. In my opinion, I find it sexy to see a clean shaven vagina. However, 1 caution though..... the more you shave the more rough and bushy the vagina hair will be in the future. So when it happens, you have no choice but to shave it regularly. So besically it's your decision whether to shave it or not.

To shave your vagina is not a big issue and personally I believe it's not necessary to tell you mom. Besides, it's not against any rules. About your period, take it easy babe...... some will experience their period between age 12 - 13 or probably 14. It common and natural. Take it easy.....

• Zini

If you want to by all means it's okay to shave down there. I dont think you need to 'ask' your mom- what has she got to do wiith giving you permission on your personal hygeine routine and how can she enforce her rules if she says no anyway?

You can shave before you start your periods, it's all about what you want to do and your feelings behind it, you're the one that's going to see and know about your pubic hair the most so do what you want with them.

Women usually just shave the bikini line for when they wear pants and bikinis the hairs dont poke out at the sides. This is a reasonable thing for a 13 year old to want to do as well. Further shaving is usually related to sex and perceived attractiveness.

I would just shave the bikini line they have razors made for that area so you don't get the burn and bumps if you are planning on wear a bikini. You are a little to young to be too worried about that area, you don't need to worry about all the hair nobody should be looking at it.

It's totally normal i was shaving my vagina hair when i was 12 years old and my mom didn't really care because it is my body so u should go for it

Its natural, yeah. Espically when your in junior high. When I was in Junior High, all the guys were already talking about sex and everything, and how they liked it shaved, so I'm guessing maybe the guys are the same there, and hearing them makes you want to shave.

I still havent told my mom about me shaving. I mean, its not really any of your moms buisness what you shave or not. It's yours.

Hey dear, I have been shaving since I had hair. No worries okay. It isnt sexual it is just personal comfort. And also I did because I swam (so being hairy isnt good) but it is definatly a personal opinion. You dont have to tell your mom. It is personal.

Dude go for it. I started shaving when I was 14. Nothing unnatural about it. I must warn you though: The pubic hairs grow back thicker and darker.

It's up to you. don't be confused because it's a personal preference..and I know people that started shaving as soon as they got hair.

yes! i started shaving mine when i was about 13. but just shave what sticks out of the smallest pair of underwear or bikini bottem u own! i wouldn't suggest shaving it all off though. hope this helps!