.

LDS or Catholic church. Which is true?

The Pope was in the middle of an audience when his principal adviser whispered in his ear, "Your Holiness, the Messiah is on the phone and He wants to talk to you."

The pope thought he had better not keep the Messiah waiting so he interrupted the audience to go talk on the phone. He returned a few minutes later and said,

"well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the call was the Messiah and the Second Coming is at hand. The bad news is He was calling from Salt Lake City."

So, do you think the Pope talks to God? Do you think President Monson talks to God?

Favorite Answer

LMFAO!

Oh my. I have nothing more ot say about that. :P

Except wouldn't it really be Jackson county Missouri?

That was funny...

I think any person can speak to God at any time. I believe President Monson speaks to God, for himself personally, and I believe he is the only one who can receive revelation from the Lord about the church. No one else holds that authority.

I am sure the Pope does when he prays. Everyone can talk to God.

While I am sure the Catholic church has some correct principles, I of course believe the LDS church to be the true church.

Source(s): Eternally LDS
  • Doctor

LDS is true. The Catholic church teaches many true doctrines.

The Catholics believe that the canon of scripture is complete, so the pope is not expecting to hear any new doctrine or instruction from God. He doesn't expect God to talk to him. President Monson does expect and receives continuing revelation, inspiration, and guidance from God. President Monson will tell you that Jesus Christ leads this church, and the only way Jesus Christ can do that is through revelation to his prophet. At one time the Catholics taught that the Pope is Jesus Christ on earth, but they don't teach that any more.

• Ender

I think the catholics have an uphill battle in showing that their church has been led and directed by Jesus Christ for the past 2000 years.

Between merging paganism with Christianity, the crusades, inquisition, dark ages, exploitations, altering of core doctrines, etc.

I have respect for the Pope and catholics, however, I don't believe their church is led by God.

Yes, I believe that Monson is God's true prophet on the earth today.

• I would say with nearly 100% surety they both talk to God. I would also say that He is almost surely talking back to both of them.

The difference is that when President Monson talks with God, he is in the proper position of authority to receive revelation for everyone.

When the Pope talks with God, he's in the position to receive revelation for himself, as are the rest of us.

Funny, I heard that joke the other way around, the Mormon President got a call from Rome.

Anyway, I know the Pope prays, though I think you're asking if God actually vocally responds back. I don't think so.

Viva il Papa!

If any denomination says they're the 'authentic' church ... they don't understand God, in any respect. whilst Christ noted the church or ecclesia, he grow to be speaking on the subject of the physique or team of believers who believed that he grow to be the Messiah, son of God. this could nicely be a foul sin to have faith which you, or your church is the thank you to existence. in ordinary terms Christ is the way. Christ raged against religious instructors who had this habit and others. "church homes" dont have prophets, in ordinary terms Christ. additionally, i cant discover it now, yet there is an previous try. passage that talks some ruler with persuasive speech that I easily have continually theory pointed to Hitler. Cant discover my notes now, sorry. Christ noted Israel transforming into a state returned after an prolonged era. The blooming of the fig tree. Israel grew to become a state in 1948. i've got faith it grow to be Satans final attempt at destroying Gods people (the Jews) formerly this considerable adventure for Christs kingdom occurred. The holocaust occurred in simple terms formerly 1948. Matthew 32"Now study this lesson from the fig tree: as quickly as its twigs get soft and its leaves come out, you realize that summer time is close to. 33Even so, once you notice those style of issues, you realize that it[d]is close to, good on the door. 34I inform you the certainty, this technology[e] will by no ability bypass away till those style of issues have occurred. greater importantly, i've got faith your thoughtfulness of the Jews is from the Holy Spirit as is your questioning the "church". The bible and the 'church' isn't the know-how of God, Christ Yeshua is. you're being led to see the fake doctrines of church homes. God of course needs you to appreciate Him and His certainty in a deeper way. Thank the Lord for tapping you on the shoulder and putting you interior the pastime in a greater profound way. he's have been given a objective for you that could help prepare the way for end situations or no less than ... His certainty. i'm very excited to make certain the various believers being enable via Christ to the subsequent step interior the refinement of the physique of Christ. that's waaay reliable. :) Welcome brother, to the narrow course.

i loved that

thanks for the smile

and to answer your question i believe that President Monson is a true prophet of God and talks to God

but anyone can talk to God by praying

• I've heard that the Pope has a phone that will place a call directly to God! It only costs about 1 million Eros!

I heard that Pres. Monson also has a phone with a direct line to God, but it's a local call from Salt Lake City!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

If I have to pick, I vote Catholic, but I am neither of those.

Anyone who prays talks to God.

Everyone talks to God when they pray. The danger is when god talks back , then you are classed as a schizophrenic.