Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What Are Good Book Series For Children?

I Need Some Thx u Very Much

Favorite Answer

If you go to site below you can find more info on all of these and much much more! I've listed some things that are not series as well.

For girls

Betsy Tacy Series by Maud Hart Lovelace

Little House Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Cobble Street Cousins Series by Cynthia Rylant

Amber Brown Series by Paula Danziger

Junie B. Jones Series by Barbara Parker

For all

Magic Treehouse Series by Mary Pope Osborne

(Time Travel to lots of times and places - excellent)

Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

Bo The Famous Retriever, Bo and the Missing Dogs, and Bo and the Night Intruder by Lynn Shefield Simmons

The Boxcar Children Series by Gertrude Chandler Warner - Four orphans, Henry, Violet, Jessie, and Benny take up residence in an abandoned boxcar. They manage to find work, outfit their new home, and get food. The initial story is followed by many, many more.

The Canada Geese Quilt by Natalie Kinsey-Warnock - The story follows 10 year old Ariel from spring through fall on the Vermont farm where she lives.

Charlotte's Web by E. B. White

A Child's Garden of Verses by Robert Louis Stevenson

Clues in the Woods, Key to the Treasure, The Mystery of Hermit Dan, and Pirate Island Adventure by Peggy Parish

The Courage of Sarah Noble - This is a true story of 8 year old Sarah who went with her father from Massachusetts to Connecticut in the 1700's to build a new home. She then stayed with the Indians while her father returned for the rest of the family.

Encyclopedia Brown Series by Donald J. Sobol

Gold Rush Winter by Claire Rudolf Murphy - A Swedish American family in the late 19th century moves from South Dakota to Alaska to join the father who is searching for gold.

In Grandma's Attic, More Stories From Grandma's Attic, and Still More Stories From Grandma's Attic by Arleta Richardson - These are stories from the era of horse-drawn carriages, hoop skirts, and high button shoes.

Hannah by Gloria Whelan - A blind girl in Michigan in the late 19th century doesn't go to school until someone tells her about the Braille method of reading.

Homer Price by Robert McCloskey

Ice Wreck by Lucille Recht Penner - This is the true story of Sir Ernest Shackleton, the crew of 27 men, and 69 sled dogs, who while aboard the Endurance on a Antarctic expedition became trapped in the ice.

Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie by Peter Roup - This is a true story of a lighthouse in Maine. During a storm, it is very important to keep the light on and it is Abbie's job.

Milly-Molly-Mandy Storybook by Joyce Lankester Brisley - These stories are set in the 1920's in England. Seven year old Millicent Margaret Amanda lives in a cottage with a thatched roof in a small town where she knows everyone.

Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry - This author wrote several stories about horses.

Next Spring an Oriole by Gloria Whelan - In 1837, Libby, age 10, and her family moved to the Michigan frontier in a covered wagon.

Owls in the Family by Farley Mowat

Paul Bunyan by Steven Kellogg

Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie

Pinocchio by C. Collodi

Pioneer Cat by William J. Hooks - Smuggling her cat aboard the wagon train from Missouri to Oregon turns out to be a very good thing indeed.

The Racketty-Packetty House by Frances Hodgson Burnett

The Railway Children by E. Nesbit

Secret Agents Four by Donald J. Sobol - Four young boys decide to play spy.

Sophie's Snail by Dick King-Smith

Sophie is Lucky by Dick King-Smith

Sophie is Seven by Dick King-Smith

The Story of the Treasure Seekers by E. Nesbit

Stuart Little by E. B. White

A Taste for Blackberries by Doris Buchanan Smith - This is a story about best friends. Just how well do we know our best friends?

The True Story of Balto - This is the story of the delivery of needed medicine into Nome, Alaska via a relay of dogsleds. Balto was the lead dog in the last team which had to run the last two sections of the relay.

The Ugly Duckling retold by Lorinda Bryan Cauley

The Velveteen Rabbit by Marjery Williams

Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne

The Case of the Golden Key by James Preller

The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster by James Preller

The Case of the Stinky Science Project by James Preller

The Case of the Stolen Baseball Cards by James Preller

The Case of the Runaway Dog by James Preller

The Case of the Great Sled Race by James Preller

The Case of the Ghostwriter by James Preller

The Case of the Marshmallow Monster by James Preller

The Case of the Detective in Disguise by James Preller

The Case of the Bicycle Bandit by James Preller

The Case of the Disappearing Dinosaur by James Preller

The Case of the Buried Treasure by James Preller

The Case of the Million Dollar Mystery by James Preller

The Case of the Missing Falcon by James Preller

I would definitely go for The Spiderwick Chronicles. I read them (and I'm older), but was still absolutely enthralled. Between Holly Black's writing and Tony Diterlizzi's illustrations, nothing can go wrong. Everything in this little series is richly imagined, and I enjoyed the journey every step of the way.

If you're going for something a bit bulkier, though, I would do the Nancy Drew series. I also read those when I was little--they were the staple of my childhood literature, and Nancy Drew was practically one of my heroes. Basically, each book (there are lots) has a mystery of its own, and Nancy gets to solve it. Or, if you're looking for a boy, I would go for the Hardy Boys. This series is pretty much identical to the Nancy Drew series, except it's aimed for boys that would feel dumb reading Nancy Drew.

Happy reading!

It really depends on the age. The kids in my class love the "Don't Let the Pigeon" books. There are several now. The first graders in my class lover reading Junie B Jones at the end of the year. The second graders love the Spiderwick Chronicles. The third graders really like the Series of Unfortunate Events and The Chronicles of Narnia. The Box car Children are great for the 4th graders and they start actually being able to finish the Harry Potter Books.

For boys, try The Hardy Boys.

For girls, there is Nancy Drew and Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery. I read both of these as a child and they were probably my favorites. There are also the Little Women books (Louisa May Alcott) and Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

For all kids, the Narnia books by CS Lewis, Frank L Baums Oz series and the books of Roald Dahl are classics.

I live overseas and a very popular book series (mostly for boys) are the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz. They are based on a young spy working with the british secret service. The newest addition to the series is Snake Head.

Well, I don't know what age you're talking about really, but I 'say the Harry Potter series are excellent and not just for children. Personally I think older kids/people will be able to appreciate it a lot more.

My grand daughter enjoyed The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis

http://books.narnia.com/chronicles/books/index.htm...

The Spiderwick Chronicles

http://www.amazon.com/Spiderwick-Chronicles-Boxed-...

The authors have released a new book, part one of three and it's called Beyond The Spiderwick Chronicles.

They're really good :).

http://www.amazon.com/Nixies-Song-Beyond-Spiderwic...

The Horrid Henry books aswell.

http://www.amazon.com/Triple-Treat-Horrid-Henry/dp...

EDIT: A Series of Unfortunate Events.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Wreck-Unfortunate-E...

Unlikely Exploits by Philip Ardagh

http://www.amazon.com/Fall-Fergal-Unlikely-Exploit...