Stephanie asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is 5'7" average or tall?

I'm 5'7. I've been told that the average height for females is 5'6. Some people consider me tall, but some may consider 5'7 average. So, am I tall or is my height average?

65 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

well my opinion you tall haha cusz im 17 and im only 5'3

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm 5'8 and was supposed to be 5'11. Life would be easier if I was taller, right? Well for US female 5'7 is above average, at least in this time span. Over time, the trend looks like people in US are getting bigger and stronger (not just fatter). This is proven by looking at past measurements of US males and females from let's say 1950.

As far as other sizing goes...you cannot determine by clothing size now, it is all screwed up due to marketing (i.e, let's make a bigger size a smaller number so females will buy it..). For example, Marylin Monroe was like a size 12 to 16 well in most of todays standards that is a size 6 to 8 in women/and maybe junior girls. Just as where 1950s size 4 is usually todays size 8 in womens. However, this doesn't mean we have gotten fatter, it just means bigger and stronger and more bone mass maybe.

And there is no such thing as a size 0 or 00 that really confuses the issue when shopping, if I meet whoever thought that one up I will punch them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Average

• Sugar
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It's considered Average.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are many women who are shorter than that height. I would say the average height would have to be 5'5 at the maximum. I would say you're average/above average but it's really a perfect height for a woman.

• 1 decade ago

If you're a teenager, it's kinda tall. But it's more average. If there was a scale of average and tall, you'd be on the tall side of average.

• 1 decade ago

I heard the average woman in the US is 5'4". Even knowing that, I would still consider everyone between 5'4" and 5'8" about average. Maybe that's just because I'm 6' and feel taller than most women I meet.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well im 5'5 and i consider that average height. I am not sure if 2 inches makes that much of a difference or not.

• 1 decade ago

I once heard that statistically, five foot four inches was the average, yet the other girls at work call me short. They are both about 5 foot seven. I tell them I'm average, and they're just tall, then they stop, look at each other, and nod in agreement.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i'm 5'7" too at age 17 and i feel pretty tall at school. but it is considered average. i'm just around short people all the time :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nowadays, that's really average. People are getting taller and taller in general, think about women in the 1920's, for instance. Most were petite at around 5 foot 2 or so.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.