Zaf
Zaf asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 decade ago

can I re-brew green tea?

I just ran out of loose jasmine green tea and I have some in the tea pot that i had already infused and drank.. would i still get decent tea if i pour boiling water on them again?

and if yes, how many times can i repeat this?

thanks

• Kal H
    Favorite Answer

Yes, in fact it's traditional to "re-brew" tea leaves. Each "re-brew" is called a "wash". While most of the caffeine is liberated in the first wash (which some people toss out, believe it or not), you will still get a "lift" from a couple more washes, especially if you have a lot of loose leaves in there. I'm not sure but I think theanine, a very good chemical that makes you alert but relaxed, takes longer to be washed out, so you'd be getting that, plus the catechins that are good for health can also be washed out.

Give it a go!

Source(s): I love tea

yes you can but it probably wont tast as good as your orginal but if you are really cravin some tea just heat the tea you have left in the microwave it will tast as good as the orginal!