What did you think of the movie, "Off The Map"?

I loved the concept of this movie, and wish I could live like that...not having to rely on a regular paycheque, or the high life to survive, but having to rely on one's wits, creativity and flexibility to live off of the discarded excesses of society.

What are your thoughts?

Favorite Answer

In the mid 90's I had the privilege of seeing Joan Ackerman's original play,"Off The Map" at Mixed Company,in Gt.Barrington,Ma,In the Berkshires-where it was originally produced and performed-the play was beautiful,powerful and I fell in love with it.

This past Sunday-there was a special Fund Raising screening of "Off the Map" which I attended-with a Q&A with Joan and director Campbell Scott,afterword.The film blew me away!! Absolutely Stunning!! I came out of the theatre,feeling like I had been hit with something big-not sure what! The film is extremely faithful to the play-and really packs an emotional wallop to the soul-I couldn't have been more pleased with the cast-Top notch all around,with Sam Elliot playing against type-Joan Allen makes the perfect Arlene,and the girl,Valentina de Angelis was absolutely perfect as young Bo-as was the rest of the cast,J.K Simmons,Jim True-Frost- I am still stunned by this film,and am really looking forward to seeing it again,and owning it on DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think it was good dude