What are the decorative swirly symbols at the beginning of a page called?

Like what you might see on menus? I'm designing a drink menu and want to enhance the design by throwing in a pretty swirl-design before the items and maybe between but I have no idea what it's called. Is it a dingbat font? or clipart?

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    i think you mean tilde (~) this symbol can be entered by pressing Shift + # key

    the # key is 3 to the right of the letter L on a standard QWERTY keyboard

  • 1 decade ago

    Perhaps you could provide a link to a page which has these symbols?

    My guess is you mean the tilde, ~. If so, it's the key to the left of the 1 key (on most keyboards.)

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    it can be called victorian, if that's what you mean it's a dingbat font similar to this:



    hope i was of assistance,gorgeous. ;)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.