How is sex with animals morally wrong?

Is it because they can't consent? If you think that's true, should we be breaking up all the happy, furry, couples in the woods because they're raping each other?

8 answers, still waiting. BTW, God is imaginary.

I think Michael M nailed it, it's nasty. But it's not nasty to everyone, or it wouldn't be illegal. I think many of our "morals" are actually just other people imposing what they think is nasty on everyone. Agree?

I saw an episode of the Daily Show where they interviewed a guy who gets semen from male elephants in the zoo. When he walked out into the elephant pen, the bull looked back and spread his legs... animals are plenty smart enough to consent. And if you still don't think so, you should be concerned with my first point, about them concenting to each other.

Best Answer

It is so wrong! And downright disgusting!

Source(s): ...WAAA! A centaur is running after me possibly it was a result of inter-animal marriages....

it isnt morally wrong. but it is visually wrong and disgusting. And animals can not speak, so its also the consent issue.

But having sex with animals is just way nasty in my opinion

Edit : chem, when the animal spreads its legs, its called " selective condition " , the animal has been conditioned to do that. Just like an experiment done on a dog secreting its saliva everytime the light is turned on. This does not mean the animal is intelligent enough to give consent because it does not understand the " purpose " behind its semen being collected.

Man is an animal. Those who believe the Bible and the moral law as set out in Exodus 20 know that sex outside of marriage is morally wrong.The moral law is like the laws in your country. You have to pay taxes, stop at the red light, obtain a driver's license, marry one spouse at a time(not simultaneously as in bigamy),not steal,kill or lie under oath etc. or face the consequences whether or not you believe in the validity of such laws. However, Pixie my cat had two kittens recently. For her, there is a natural law- not a moral law. Pixie mates with her kind- a male like Smokey or Tiger- and produces her kind. She is not interested in Sampson or Alfie, dogs from the neighourhood. When a man or woman decides to mate with a lower animal- horse,dog,cat etc. he/she is" unequally" yoked and commits a heinous crime. Man is a moral agent; and he was given instructions to care for and have dominion over 'lower' animals not 'abuse' or 'take advantage' of their trust and naivete.

Sex with animals is not morally wrong, it is just straight up ****** up..... but I must admit watching a guy slide his package into a moose is pretty sexy, and if that is not moral, then I don't want to be moral!!!

Because animals are innocent, and forcing unnatural acts with an innocent is ALWAYS considered morally wrong. Sex with humans is ALWAYS supposed to be consented, never forced.

In my opinion, it is morally wrong because:

A) They cannot give consent

B) They are probably not equipped with the mental faculties to make a proper judgement about why they should or shouldn't do such a thing

• maej

not only morally wrong but scientifically wrong as well...

each set of animals has their own specific number of chromosomes, male and female alike to complement each other.

now, man has 23 sets of chromosomes, even if you had sex with a cat or any other animal of your choice, your chromosome could never be equal with theirs and that is useless.

remeber that sex is for procreation.!

It's degrading for the beast to be molested by a sex crazied human, who is supposedly of higher intllegence and thus one would assume more in control of his/her urges.

For a poor animal to be molested by a sex crazed human, for whom the animal was given no instinct and outside of the animal's nartural cycle is hugely degrading for the animal.

In nature and between themselves they are acting according to God's plan.

Fireball... it is not the human who is being lowered; it is the animal. god has entrusted us with their care and proper use.

Consent would be a big part of it.

Obviously, reproduction in the wild is a matter of instinct, not for pleasure.

• Jasumi

I agree with you. Although bestiality still males me a little uneasy, it shouldn't be illegal. I wouldn't have a problem with people doing it.

It's going against what God says in the old testament (Torah/laws). Never mid animals, you are not supposed to do it outside of marriage. Not because it;s immoral, but because that's what we are told to do, dumb animals that we are for not obeying