Garrett H asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 decade ago

After capping off two top 5s with a win, who stil thinks JJ will not make the Chase?

I'm just curious, since the have not only figured out their intermediate Car of Today package, but they just seem to have their mojo back.

Also, to anyone thinks he snuck into victory lane on fuel mileage, the 48 was the car to beat all day. He led well over a hundred laps and was making quick work of Martin's lead in the closing laps. The Chad made a questionable call getting them off sequence, but he redeemed himself, as usual.

Jason F: I said the same thing in a similary post about Johnson's perfomance in the chase. He's second to none. His Chase stats over the years are eye-popping. Especially from Lowe's on, they just spontaneously combust.

Favorite Answer

I'm not a big JJ fan, but he and Chad have the best working relationship in NASCAR. They are the modern Gordon Evernham. In my opinion that is as important as driver skill and equipment, thus the reason JJ will make the chase and once again contend for the championship.

One win means nothing, but I am convinced the 48 team is back after a very slow start to the season. 4th in points is great after the way they were running earlier. Jimmie WILL make the chase, and will most likely pick up his third championship this year. I have been saying for about 4 years now that there is absolutely no better driver-and-crew-chief combination in the business than Chad Knaus and Jimmie Johnson. Those two can make the best come out of about any situation. And for those who say that somehow they cheated, get over yourselves. They gambled and took a chance that ended up winning them the race, but it very easily could have bit them on the a** as well. Luck and the Gods of NASCAR were on their side Saturday night. For the Johnson haters out there - you better hope that he misses The Chase, because if he does get in, GAME OVER. Nobody closes a season better than Johnson and Knaus.

Yes, he was the only car reeling in the 8 BEFORE Mark had to come in for a splash of gas. Not only that, didn't Clint Bowyer also make it to the end without stopping for more gas (to those that say the 48 team cheated)? Yes, I always love to see the excuses and accusations whenever Jimmie wins. He is now 16th on the all time wins list (he just passed Fireball Roberts) with 34 and needs one more to tie Mark Martin for 15th. I did feel bad for Mark, he might have stayed out and made it. In that scenario they might have both run out of gas because they would have been pushing each other. Mark is a class act and I would not have been disappointed if he had won but I love seeing the 48 in victory lane again, even if he needed help getting there (from the truck NOT the officials LOL). 3 STR8 N '08!!!

He will make the chase! I have no doubt of that. The 48 team did a lot of practice over the Easter off week trying to get the set up right on the COToday. It has obviously paid off for them. I agree he didn't win on fuel mileage alone. He was catching Mark before Mark pitted. They said more than once that he was running laps faster than the eight car.

Carl won't win immediately. i think of Jeff Gordon will ultimately win a race, nonetheless i'd % to make certain Kevin Harvick win. Kevin would not end properly at Martinsville for some reason, yet desires a win to stay in rivalry for the Cup.

I think he will make the chase, and win some more races.. I don't think he will win the championship..But Jimmie and Chad are going to give everyone else a run for it...

Go Dale Jr & Hms

There's NO doubt about it, Jimmie will make the chase, win more race and may even take a 3rd championship!!

I think he'll make the Chase, but only a couple more wins, and not the Cup this year. Too much competetion out their this year.

Go Jr.>>>>

Jimmie will be in the chase! Jimmie will be the driver to beat again!! Go 48 GO!

• I think he will make the Chase and probably win a lot more races !

Source(s): H E N D R I C K~M O T O R S P O R T S~R U L E S ! ! ! ! !