Can I remove part of tile on bathroom wall and accent with more modern tiles in order to save $ on a makeover?

I have this ceramic tile that's like an off white color with very subtle gold or tan flecks (can't tell). I don't want to do brown, I was thinking a nice calming green BUT there are brown accent tiles through out and the entire bathroom from floor to ceiling is tile. this is a diy due to money... show more I have this ceramic tile that's like an off white color with very subtle gold or tan flecks (can't tell). I don't want to do brown, I was thinking a nice calming green BUT there are brown accent tiles through out and the entire bathroom from floor to ceiling is tile. this is a diy due to money issues.

What I had planned is doing bamboo floor, remove tiles on wall behinf toilet, sink and in front of toilet leaving tile in shower area only and removing accent tiles and replacing them. I need to replace sink, toilet and mirror, paint, etc.

Does it sound reasonable to do this?
Any suggestions appreciated.
1 answer 1